24

"theres something i need to tell you when we get back." dave spoke as he handed kurt a cigarette.

kurt furrowed his eyebrows as he placed it against his lips. his dense and naive self was getting to him. he had no idea what was about to come.

"sure. light?" he asked, slightly muffled due to the cigarette that was pressed against his lips. dave chuckled softly as he takes out the lighter.

instead of handing it over, he flicked it on and lights kurt's cigarette for him. taking a puff, kurt lowered it and blew out the smoke.

watching dave light his own. the pack was now empty. there were only two left inside anyway.

"kind?"
"marlboro."

kurt hummed as he flicked the ashes. staring at the dark abyss of the night that surrounded the two men.

"mm. personally, winston is better." a smile tugged up on his lips as he laughed softly. dave shakes his head and playfully rolled his eyes.

the two continued to smoke in brief silence. even with the quiet pauses. it was nice. kurt felt.. happy.

especially around dave.

he knew he had feelings for the guy, and dave felt the same. but none of them knew that.

they couldn't read minds. they aren't mind readers.

kurt flicked the cigarette down after a few drags of it. it was too low to smoke on it now.  stepping on it with his very worn out converse shoe.

his head slowly laid itself onto dave's shoulder. the brunet felt his heart skip a beat as he lowered his own cigarette after taking a puff of it.

"want a puff from mine?" dave asked softly as his head looked down. the two men were closer than ever now.

yet they liked being this close. kurt nodded. he was about to take it out of dave's hands but before that action was made, dave moved his hand down and placed the cigarette against kurt's lips.

a blush rises up onto kurt's face as he smiled with the cigarette in between his lips. taking a deep inhale of the smoke, dave pulled it away as kurt exhaled the smoke. accidentally into dave's face.

the two started to laugh together as dave brings it back to his own lips. taking a puff and blowing the smoke back into kurt's face in return.

cobain coughed a bit as he smiled up at grohl. using his hand to sway the smoke away.

dave hummed once he was finished with the cigarette. he puts it out as well. kurt lifted his head as he chewed onto his lip.

dave noticed as he shoved his dark hair back. "let's head back to your place. i really need to tell you something."

"can't you tell me here?"

dave hummed in thought before shaking his head. "no. let me tell you there. we should check on the painting first thing though. see if it's dry."

kurt hummed as he nodded. "for sure. yeah, let's head back then."

the two men stood up. leaving the empty pack of cigarettes and a burnt out lighter at the bridge.

the two walked up the small hill and left the bridge's location. dave held onto kurt's hand again. he just couldn't help it.

kurt smiled a bit as the two continued to walk together.

the house started to come into view after a good twenty minutes. they had a few brief conversations but other than that it was a peaceful walk back.

the two reached up to the gate and walked inside. the drummer shut it behind himself as he continued to walk with the lead singer up to the porch.

the two went up the stairs and entered the home.