/ / ×ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓝⓘⓝⓔ× / /

♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡

'OH MY GOD! I THINK I MIGHT THROW UP!' I can feel my heart in my chest beating incredibly fast like it must burst out of my chest any second now. 'I can't believe someone saw me climbing the shelves at the hardware store!' I feel embarrassment take over my body as I continue to run back home, the bags in my hands being the only thing that kept me going. I really wanted to decorate my room so I hurried home after paying for my lights at the hardware store. 'I am so glad that there was a self-check-out at the hardware store!'

Even though I avoided any more embarrassing conversations with the guy that saved me, I ran out of the store so fast that people probably thought I stole. I shake my head lightly as I continue my way home, refusing to let anything stop me, even another cute guy.

After my spontaneous marathon, I'm finally standing face-to-face with the front door of the house. I twist the knob and walk inside, slipping off my sneakers before making my way to my room. Just as I'm about to walk into the room, I pull off the mask that's been covering my lower face and call out to my parents,

"I'M BACK FROM THE STORE, I'M GONNA START DECORATING NOW!"

With that, I turn back to my room and step inside as I hear my parents shout back a response in unison,

"OKAY!"

I let a smile spread across my face, pure happiness filling my heart. 'We would've never been able to do this with him.' I feel my heart become tight in agitation at the very thought of the man that hurt us. I hadn't wanted to ruin my day so I shake away the awful feeling and any memories that threaten to arise. I make my way to the fuller left corner of my room since it was the only corner that wasn't already filled by my new furniture.

The far right corner had my bed against both walls, the left corner near the door was occupied by Pumpkin and his hutch, and the right corner that was close to the door had my closet. We were going to put a TV in my room but decided to wait until I get most of my decorating out of the way.

'Okay, time to get to work!' I carefully set down my bags and excitedly pull out all of the blankets and bedsheets. I rush out of my and down the hall, making my way to the laundry room. As soon I get inside, I begin taking everything out of their packages and tossing them into the washer as if I've set them free from their plastic prisons. I pour a bit of softener and detergent over the bedding before adjusting the settings of the washer to my liking. As soon as I heard the water start to pour inside the washer, I start making my way back to my room to start decorating.

'Wait..., I forgot to get curtains.' The thought crossed my mind as I passed the bathroom and I realized that I didn't even know what kind of curtains I wanted anyway. 'Maybe I'll get sheer curtains for the window and then put some fairy lights behind them.' Taking the idea into deep consideration, I walk into my room and pull out the box of ball lights and hooks. I take the stepping stool mom and dad left in my room for me to use and carry it to the furthest corner of the room. 'This is gonna take a while...'

Even though it's been nearly twenty minutes since I started, I was satisfied with how the lights looked on my teal-painted walls. I adjusted the lights so that they rose and fell in loops around the room. 'My sheets!' Realizing that my new sheets should be finished washing, I rush out of my room and down the hall toward the laundry room. Just as I step foot in the room, I hear the washer go off. 'Just in time, too!'