Call the Bitch

Five's POV

"Why so quiet? Thought you'd be buzzing after this morning's slaughter." The Handler smiled at the bag containing her former boss, A.J. Carmichael. 

Five stared blankly at the ground, numbness spreading through him even though, minutes ago, he had been grinning.

What would (Y/N) think if she knew what he had just done?

"All this killing," he finally said, not taking his eyes off of the ground. "I'm done with it."

The Handler looked up in surprise, lowering the fish.

"What, am I supposed to take that seriously?" She licked a handkerchief lightly, wiping blood off of his cheek.

"What I did today, I did for my family," Five insisted, glaring up at her. "I did it to save the world."

"Please," she scoffed. "Spare me your little assassin with a heart of gold routine, will you?" She bopped his nose condescendingly. "Plus, we both know what this is about."

Five's eyebrows drew together, and he stepped closer.

"And what is that, exactly?"

"Your silly little girlfriend," the Handler said lightly, tucking the handkerchief back in her pocket. "You're trying to change for her, hmm?" She laughed, throwing her head back while Five watched her angrily. "Well, that'll never happen. You're a killer at heart, my boy."

There was a pause, and Five looked away, working his jaw.

"Then again, I had the most delightful meeting with her not too long ago. Well, for you, anyway," she added with a tight smile, and Five's head snapped back to her.

"What did you do to her?" he growled, flashing directly in front of her. "I swear, if you touched her-"

"I never should have told her you used to work for me," she said carelessly, clicking her tongue. "Pity she seems to value your opinion so much."

"What did you do to her?" Five repeated in a low voice, gripping her jacket tightly. "Where is she?"

The Handler shooed him away with a frown, but he didn't let go, and she let out an annoyed sigh.

"Naturally, since she refused to join my ranks, I was forced to eliminate her."

Five's other hand immediately gripped her collar and he moved to slam her into the wall, but she simply popped open the briefcase and reappeared on the other side of the alley.

"I'm going to murder you!"

"Oh, relax," she said as he flashed in front of her, his eyes blazing with fury. "She's a tricky little mouse. Slipped away without a scratch."

Five slowed, his hand wrapped tightly around a cork that he'd kept in his pocket since the night him and (Y/N) first kissed. It was from a bottle of champagne he had opened when nobody was looking.

The fear and fury that had taken him over had been crippling. When the Handler began speaking again, Five's breathing was erratic, and he had to grip the briefcase to keep himself from killing her.

Your POV

You hopped out of the taxi, relieved to find the door unlocked. You stepped inside, relaxing in the warmer air, but jerked to a stop when you saw Luther and Diego facing you with concerned expressions on their faces.

Diego waved you over, pointing to red splotches on the floor of the kitchen and holding up a finger with a dot of red on it.

"Blood," he said quietly, and your eyes widened. "Elliott?" he called.