Seafood Tower

When you made it back to Elliott's after a heated silence, Lila was still treating Diego's wound. You grimaced when you saw his bare chest from where he reclined on the couch.

"I did not need to see that," you muttered, heading to the kitchen for another cup of coffee.

"Temple, remember?" Diego called after you as Five began to explain what had happened. You snorted and rolled your eyes, pouring a cup of coffee before heading back into the living room where Five was pacing.

"So, what, you just let her go?" Diego asked incredulously. "Couldn't Eight have used her super awesome powers to stop her?"

You glared at him, annoyed by the obvious mocking in his tone.

"I could have. But it would have been unfair, and Five said the same."

"Well, Vanya had a lot to process," Five said defensively when Diego glared at him. He sighed, setting something down on a table. "She'll come around. I know she will."

"What about the guys that went after her?" Diego asked.

"The Swedes?"

"I was wondering the same thing," you said in an accusatory tone, leaning against the wall and sipping your coffee as Elliott carried dirty dishes from the room. "Care to explain why you didn't provide any prior knowledge about them, Five?"

"Doesn't matter," Diego interrupted, and you had the sudden urge to throw all of your coffee onto him. "But how do we know they won't go after her again?"

"We don't," Five replied tiredly, and Diego raised his eyebrows.

Lila took a sip from the mug Elliott had handed her before speaking.

"Mm, any idea who sent them?"

"Oh, I have my suspicions," Five said, casting a fake smile toward her as she watched him over the rim of her mug. But right now, our priority is finding Dad and getting answers, 'cause everything else depends on it." He sat down heavily in a chair with his own cup of coffee. You wondered why Elliott was allowing this to happen in his home. Poor guy.

"Which, for the record, I found him already," Diego said proudly.

"And then let him go before we could have a meaningful conversation," Five said with a wide smile as Diego glowered at him.

"He stabbed me."

"Says the man who's supposed to be good with knives. Plus, he's an older man. Could it have been that hard?" you asked, holding back a grin.

"Honestly, I'm surprised he's waited this long, Diego, we've all had the urge," Five added, and you snickered. Lila, meanwhile, started laughing excessively while Elliott chuckled nervously.

"Good one," she said, and held out her hand for a high five. Five simply stared at her for a moment before continuing, and you held our your hand to give her a high five so it would be less awkward. She grinned at you.

"Good thing I know where Dad's gonna be tonight." Five held out a slip of paper that Diego immediately snatched away, and you walked over behind the couch him and Lila sat on to read it.

"Where'd you get this?" Diego asked.

"Found it at his office while he was busy stabbing you."

Diego chuckled sarcastically while you and Five shared a secret smile. At least you weren't the only one who hated Number Two.

"Hoyt Hillenkoetter and the Consulate General of Mexico in Dallas cordially invite you to a gala," you read out loud, tilting your head slightly.

"Whoa, wait. Hoyt Hillenkoetter?" Elliott asked, pointing at you. "Are you serious?"