•Chapter 5

Back at college and the pressure is already heating, as both captain and star player of the NYU football team the pressure increases

Morning football drills fly by the hours, each hour quickening. The team is filled with enthusiasm, the boys are all hard-working, as they should be, which makes our time inevitable. As a football team, our happiness lies within our success, as a clever man once said '1% chance, 99% faith.'

As we finish up from football drills my friends suggest we celebrate our training to a coffee, so we decide to head down to the campus coffee shop, however that doesn't go well for me as Coach calls me back to discuss some football strategies and hand me the captain book to makes notes about each team member. I'm glad coach kept me behind because I legit had coffee not so long ago. 

After my talk with Coach, I messaged my best mate Ethan where he was and as expected he told me to meet him and the others at the coffee shop so I began to text him a response, when a small figure bumped into me, "Sorry I wasn't watching where I was going," she says, after seconds with no response from me she looks up at me and I am met with her green eyes. The atmosphere was awkward both green eyes searching, so to change the atmosphere I spoke "Have you got a problem?" The brunette is taken back by my comment and didn't let it slide as she retaliated "Yeah, I do and the so called problem is standing right in front me. I think he left his manners at home and brought his attitude." This girl knows how to fuck someones mood, I simply walked away from the attention seeker whilst she carried on "that's right walk away and go collect your manners."

I arrive at the coffee shop and tell Ethan what happened whilst we take a seat and the dumb fuckers goes asking "was she hot?" I was taken back by his comment and replied with a simple shrug. Ethan being the gullible fucker he is just nodded but before I could describe her to him a familiar voice approaches our table asking "Hi what can I get you all?" I look up and connect with the green eyes realising it was the brunette from earlier. She didn't let what happened earlier slide as she asked "Did you collect your manners?" I looked up and stared at her whilst the next words left my mouth, "You again?" The boys were clearly invested in the situation as they watched the conversation between both me and the brunette go on. "Yes me again? do you have a problem?" she questioned. Amusement rushed into my eyes "Yeah I do actually and that so called problem is staring at me." she scoffed in repsonse, score one for me. "Well you know where the door is, don't you?" shes points to the door "it's there if you forgot because people like you seem to forget a lot of things," she finishes with a sarcastic smile. "Are you sure your pointing at the right thing because people like you seem to not look at their surroundings," I respond with the same sarcastic smile, she wants me to play the game so I am down. "Are you sure your looking at the right thing because people like you don't seem to check due to the fact that they're addicted to their phone," she responds with a snarky attitude before I could respond to her Ethan opens his mouth asking "how do you know each other?" the brunette smiles sweetly before informing the boys on our encounter, "I'm so glad you asked," she starts, what a bitch. "me and your dip shit of a friend bumped into each other and I apologised however that problem didn't so I stared at him waiting for an apology but he doesn't give one instead he just scoffs and walks off." I stare at me like she's threatened to harm me in some fucked up way and then I instantly reply with "your an obnoxious little shit." she gasps scarcastically before looking shocked "me, obnoxious? sweetie you need to look up the definitions of words before using them. I think you meant gorgeous and yes I am aren't I?" she says with a flattery look on her face but with hints of sarcasm. She can't win a game she started so once again I respond "Your unbelievable," I say whilst rolling my eyes "I'm pretty much believable mate," the queen of sass remarks with. At this point the whole cafe was watching us argue and it wasn't pleasant because an old woman approached us saying "your a lovely couple, reminds me of me and my husband back in the days," she said sweetly and coincidentally both me and the sass queen respond with "we're not dating." The woman stood there amused and smiled "you sure act like it." Now this woman knows how to make the situation worse. Sass queen, was furious and walked away whilst I responded with "bye babe," which ended up making her even more furious because she stuck not one but both middle fingers up at me, how fortunate! 

Throughout the time we spent at the cafe both me and sass queen exchanged glances when one of us wasn't looking. The boys obviously noticed this and watched the tension between us both. "I think its time for the annual challenge now that the season has began," Ethan says and everyone on our table is engaged in the conversation. "Starting our challenge we have our very own captain Tyler who will be going first," Ethan continues "Tyler, me and the boys have picked a rather interesting challenge for you but the real question is are you up for it?" Ethan asks and I smirk "you know it E, tell me what I gotta do," I asked mischievously. I knew what was coming and 9/10 chances it was obviously going to involve sass queen. "I read the name badge of the girl who bumped into you, her names Stacy. She's your challenge, you have 2 months to get with her if not you will face and enter the ultimate dreaded losers where we pick out the replacement dare." Ethan finishes and the other guys are nodding and heading back into their individual conversations. 

Stacy the sass queen, I thought to myself; this was going to be harder than hard and I have just the plan. 

-----------------------------

Hi lovelies, 

Next update will be in 2 weeks due to exam stress - my tiktok needs some support so go follow!! Thank you all for being such lovely people throughout this journey ASWELL as being patient with me. I'll get a chapter out to you guys very soon!!

Take care, 

the big B x