Chapter 28

Tired of the hide and seek,she went back to her room after about a month.She had this sense of belongingness and attachment here.7 months of marriage but it means nothing,it feels like she just moved from her parents house to another apartment.Bello and her have been nothing more than just housemates,at first she do not know what to feel about all of this.It's defined as this- compromise,a void feeling,anger and hatred,that's what her marriage is made up.
  She was sitting in the sitting room when this man walked in,she don't know if it's my eyes but she love his gentle and calm strides, and of course he's charismatic all of a sudden,she don't know what's this is about.she opened her mouth to say something to him but nothing came,and she watched him went upstairs,ouch he didn't notice her.
    Few minutes later,He came back with a suitcase,she didn't even know where he's going,she just noticed he changed into a shirt and jeans.He stood behind the couch she was sitting and cleared his throat because he knew she saw him coming but pretended not to.His cologne filled her nostrils and she couldn't help but turn and look at him.

"I'm traveling today,I'm going to Uk",he said

"Okay,when are coming back?"Shecasked

"It's not like you're going to miss me dearly or something!",he said pressing his phone

(But I will miss you a great deal,you won't understand even I don't understand)She said internally

"Umm"She murmured

"You can go to mama's place if you're lonely here"He said

"I've always been lonely here"She said and looked away,She wish he could let her tag along,She's so lonely despite having everyone and she can't even tell anyone.He looked up from his phone and said

"Take care,I have to go now"

She just nodded;"Be safe"

She watched him walk away, and they ain't like the real couple but she could swear she feel deserted seeing travel him alone without her.He hasn't traveled since their  marriage and he made up excuses whenever her father-in-law brought their honeymoon which they never went.Though there are days he didn't sleep at home,he'll just go Mia for days and come back when he remembers he has a wife.

She locked the door and went upstairs and slept,she didn't know she slept for so long and it was already 6pm.She hastily grab her phone and called her husband but he rejected the call.She didn't try again she  just prayed,ate,showered, and call up her maids venita and Gladys to come sleep in the house,they rang the door and she open it for them.

"Venita please make sure all the windows are closed and the doors too!"

"Yes ma'am"she answered

"Gladys come give her a hand in the kitchen"she trailed behind into the kitchen and they started making spaghetti chicken scampi

They were done in 45minutes,she served herself and asked Gladys to do the same for them,then she walked to the living room to binge watch dream makeover and eat.

Venita quickly rushed to her with her phone which She left in the kitchen and it has been ringing since then,she  told her to locked the front door and they should sleep in the guest room.

She  called back because she missed the call and it's from another number which is unknown to her.The call rang till it timed out because there was no response ,so she continued eating...then a call came in.Swiping the accept icon,the voice from the unknown end was a familiar one;

"Hey madam"he asserted,and she shook her head as if he was looking at her and she immediately switched to FaceTime.

"Ka isa lahiya "she asked scrunching the bridge her nose