Chapter 22

Bello's POV

Since morning ,he's apologized to his mum for the bazillion time now for not making it to her daughter's place.Sometimes, he stop to think if his mum loves this girl more than she loves him.

Actually yesterday he had change of plans ,firstly one of his friends Rabiu Madoba from Lagos came to see me ,so he spent so much time with him that he couldn't make it to the flower shop nor the hospital.He left after magrib,so Bello got ready immediately after Isha prayers for his business dinner.

Secondly,at the dinner the had a lot to discuss and his clients were good company,plus they kept bringing good business prosposals,all in all theu had a good time and lost track of time.

When they realized the time was around 11:38 pm,so he just decided to go home and retire for the night.By the time He was home everyone was asleep hence the reason why he didn't apologize to his mum since last night ,and now he's been apologizing since morning he didn't even go to the office today,and she not bugging.

His dad was sitted in the living room with them,and he isn't helping matters,he's just there shaking his head and smiling to all the puppy faces Bello was making to make his mum accept his apologies.

"Ohhh dad,you're not helping matters...please stop smiling and help me apologize to your beautiful wife"He said

"No!,dont drag me into this because I didn't offend her"he gestured his hands in a surrender manner

"Okay fine"he said to him and turn to him mum

"Mum please I'm sorry,but I have an appointment with your daughter by 4pm,how can I leave if you don't accept my apology "he questioned with a smirk and he winked at her.

Her eye immediately lit up with effulge of happiness,and now he knew without asking again his apologies has been accepted.

"Really my sweetheart?!",she cooed and held his chin.

"Yes habibty ,I'm visiting her today",He said and she hugged me

"Allah muku Albarka toh"

He turned to his dad and said;

"I've done my job here ,and now it's your turn...take care of her "

His dad saluted and He left for his apartment. He walked to the apartment straight to the bathroom,he showered ,prayed and got ready.

Cladded in a light blue kaftan with a matching Zanna bukar cap perched on his head,he clutch his wrist watch and spritz perfume on himself.

Satisfied with his look, he stare at himself in the mirror one last time before he grab his car keys and phone then sauntered out of his apartment.

He hopped in the car and roared it to life,then drove out of the house.The drive to Zaynab's place is basically less than 15 minutes.

He honked at their gate ,and the guard came to open the gate since his familiar with him already.

He parked at the driveway and majestically walked to the porch,he rang the doorbell and almost immediately their maid open the door.

"Assalam Alaykum "he announced his presence

Fawaz who was half sitting up and stood and gave me a bro hug

"Wa Alaykum Salaam bro"he answered

After exchanging pleasantries,a serene silence enveloped until he spoke,asking if he's here to see him or his dad.He knew it's weird but He wanna meet his sister.

"Errm ...errm is your sister home ?",He asked him and he gave a quizzical look

"Well mum said she's back and he should come and say hello her as she's feeling abit under weather",He added