Chapter Three: Trial by Fire

3rd POV

Horace and the other Rangers were waiting for Kelsey and Dana, as they were packing their stuffs.

"So what did your family say?" Dana asked.

"'What are you crazy?' Everyone said that to me, since I was a kid." Kelsey said. "I always answer 'You have no idea'." She said. "I mean it's such a rush hanging up a thousand feet off a cliff."

"Well check this out." Joel said. "All I wanted more than anything was just to fly like a bird." He said. "So I built me a set of wings jumped out of my second floor window." He said.

The others laughed a bit.

"That's not just crazy." Carter said. "That's stupid." He said, and place Joel's cowboy hat on him. The others laughed, and left the room.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• RESCUED •°*"˜.•°*"˜

The others were carrying their bags, except for Horace, who didn't have anything.

"Well, how about you Carter?" Dana asked, as she was walking next to Horace, Carter was on he other side of Horace. "Did you always want to be a fireman?" She asked.

The others look towards Carter.

"No, not really." Carter said. "Well, not until one night, when I uh..." He trailed off, as he remembers something.

"When what?" Chad asked.

"Oh, nothing." Carter said.

"Nothing?" Dana said.

The others- except for Horace- were trying to persuade Carter into telling them.

"Hey, seems like you're all prepared." Landon said, as he walks over to them.

Horace and Landon immediately went to high-five each other. It's mostly just Horace keeps on high-fiving Landon with both hands, while Landon just held his hands up. Landon's not complaining though.

The other Rangers were happy watching Horace and Landon's interaction. Those two would definitely be bestfriends.

"Rangers to the training area, double time!" William Mitchell said, from the speakers.

Carter immediately ran towards the training area.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• RESCUED •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Horace POV

All of us were at the training area.

Captain Mitchell got out his stopwatch. "Ready? Go!" He said, and starts it.

All of us immediately begins.

Carter and I were in a house, we held paintball guns, and fired at the cardboard cut-outs.

Carter's paintballs were yellow, while mine was pink.

We fired at the first cardboard, and it fell. We saw another one appeared, jumped over a table, and fired at it.

I fired at the cardboard cut-out directly. Carter fired at it, as well, but he hits the side of the door.

The cardboard cut-out got knocked down, and both Carter and I got out of the house.

"Done." Carter said, as both him and I saluted.

"Fifty-two seconds." Captain Mitchell said, as he stops the stopwatch.

The others applaud for us, we went over to them. Carter picks up Kelsey, and they spun.

"Best time so far, huh?" Carter said.