15st

Harper

that whole game, all the sandlot boys were telling me baby girl names. "you should name her bella, like benny's name." Squints said, "yeah yeah or hailey" Alan said, yes he still says yeah-yeah except during his job- he's in the military so that would be uneducated. "don't worry we already got a name guys." I said after at least 6 names were yelled at me.

"well?" Timmy said, "yeah what is it?" tommy said and he still said everything after his older brother. "her name is evita, or evve for short." I said and all the boys told me they loved it.

"yeah benny picked it out." i said right as my amazing husband hit a home-run. all the boys started yelling and cheering, and little avery screamed of excitement. Once benny stepped on home, he looked at me and I blew a kiss. then he mouthed 'for you my love' and my heart literally melted.

After the dodgers swept the padres 7-4, Camille invited me to dinner just the two of us, and Avery of course tagged along. And I said yes since she is super sweet, "so you want Italian food?" Camille asked as we got settled in the car.
"Anything is fine." I said smiling as we drove to Italian food, we got their and one of the workers looked super familiar there, maybe a high-school friend? "Hello ladies, my name is Jessica and I will be your waitress, y'all can follow me."
Oh my god, that's Jess- like my childhood best friend Jess.

"wait Jess Mckennly." I asked and she was hesitant to agree.
"um yeah. Why?" She kinda glared at me.

"Wow don't even recognize your own childhood sister now?" I said jokingly and Jess instantly caught on to who I was.
"Ohmy shut the fu- front door." She said looking at little Avery sitting next to me, and Avery just looked at Jess like she was a crazy lady.

"Adams really?" She said and I gave her a side hug, "hold up- who's is that's?" Jess said in her really loud voice while pointing to my stomach, that was now about 6 months along the way.
some other tables heard and whispered 'Rodriguez's wife' and other shit like that.
"Yup it's Benny's." I said laughing then Camille laughed also, Jess kinda didn't see her I guess.

"Who are you?" Jess said, "Camille- Scotty's wife." Camille said and Jess's expression grew really happy, her and Camille used to be best friends. Then Camille went to amber as a joke one day and never came back I guess.
"Wow both of you are pretty." Jess said then looked at Avery.

"That's your too Rodriguez?" Jess said with a 'dannngggg' look on her face, "no that's mine. Say hello Avery." Camille said, "hey lady." Avery said hiding behind her mommy's leg and Jess just smiled.

After Camille Avery and I ate, we caught up with Jess a bit and then we left. Avery fell asleep in my arms when we were talking so I strapped her in her car seat and Camille dropped me off at home. "Thanks again cam." I said waving bye from the front porch, "anytime. Avery will miss ya." She said laughing then drove off.

Wow, in a few years, I'm gonna have a little girl following me around. And hopefully more than just one.

"Night love." Benny said giving me a kiss as I laid down beside him in bed, he had a tiring day and was already in bed. Me on the other hand, could never sleep because this baby always kicked at night. And I was actually pretty tired from the day because when your pregnant, it's hard just to get back up from a chair- not to mention those steps for the stands at the stadium. Only 3 more months 'till I'm meeting this stubborn girl. I thought as I turned off the light switch and kissed Benny forehead. Whew.