14st

Benny

Harper and I got up and went to the stadium together since we both had to be their early, Harper and Smalls had a big project coming up and the dodgers were playing against the Padres today. Also, Harper and I have to announce if baby Rodriguez is a boy or girl on live tv before the game starts, and that's nerve wracking, especially since it's a sold out game today. "Ok see you in a bit babe." I said as Harper and I split off after the elevator ride, she went to her office and I went to the weight lifting room.

Harper

I was super scared for today, not only did smalls and I have a big project to cover, but also Benny and I have to announce the baby's gender on live tv- and in front of a sold-out stadium. And I'm super scared of screwing up things because I'm just clumsy and ruin everything.

I found smalls and we started working on the exclusive story about our big project coming up, and we had to get a head start since it would probably take a few days. "So you nervous for later?" Scotty asked me as he pulled out his laptop.
"Yeah actually a lot. I know I'm Benny the jet Rodriguez's wife and all, but sometimes I wish it was just like old times- like Harper Adams Rodriguez, you know? When it wasn't about the prettiest girl or the skinniest model." I said writing down some facts about each dodger player.
Scotty agreed, "yeah. But I mean change is good, and Benny's mom is supposed to come see you at the game today. I think it was a surprise- but she already tried calling you 20 times." I laughed and thanked Scotty for the heads up.

About lunch time, Scotty and I went to the food trucks on the main floor and we met his little girl and wife there.
"Hey Camille, Hey Avery." I said giving his wife a hug and picked up his daughter, Avery squealed. She loved me so much, "harpeee mommy said you are figuring out if you have a little boy or sissy in there." Avery said poking my stomach that was sticking out a lot, "yeah you can watch me from the jumbo screen." I said smiling.

"really? I want it to be a girl cause I have a browver and I want a little sissy friend." She said and I just smiled, I hope it's a girl too. "Ok I want tacos now, take me to taco." Avery said pointing towards the taco truck, Scotty and Camille were gonna go out to eat so I just babysat Avery for a few hours. "Let's go see Benny!" She squealed after we were done with the tacos, "ok let's go find my husband." I said holding her hand as we got in the elevator, and we eventually found him after searching for awhile.

"Hey babe." Benny said giving me a kiss, "ewwwww gross." Avery said covering her eyes. "Come here." Benny said picking her up and throwing her in the air, then caught her safely. She was squealing like crazy, and Benny had the biggest smile on his face. Wow Benjamin will be a good dad no matter what.

"Ok I gotta go." Benny said giving Avery a hug and me a kiss then running off, "Hey look! It's the sandlot boys." I said pointing to the fans that were starting to come in the empty stadium. "It's da boyzzzz." Avery yelled as we walked toward them, "look it's trouble." Squints said taking Avery from me, and I just rolled my eyes. We all talked for awhile then Scotty and his wife came back just in time for scotty to be heading up to the announcers box.

"Ok see ya boys, let's go Scotty." I said waving to them, then saying bye to Scotty as I went down to the dugout and he went up. "Benny are you scared?" I said my voice shaking, "no. It's ok babe, I'm gonna stand right next to you." Benny said giving me a hug, "mhhmmm." I said not really sure what was gonna happen.

"Ohhhhhhkkkkkkkk welcome dodger fans!" Scotty said over the microphone, and the crowd went wild.
"Let's take a look down at first base where we have our crowd favorite, Benny and Harper Rodriguez with some important news." He continued, then the crowd was even more loud. Oh god.

One of my co-workers stood there interviewing us, then it was time. I would pitch the white baseball and Benny would hit it with the bat- and boom a color would reveal the new Rodriguez.

"Okkkk Harper is pitching the ball- oh Benny hits it, booooommm." Scotty announced, pink confetti flew everywhere. I started crying tears of excitement and Benny was jumping up and down, the crowd was still going crazy.
"It's a girl Benny, a little girl." I said giving him a hug and he was super stoked, "Yep little evita for sure." He said and I just couldn't stop smiling.

"Okay folks we just witnessed it here, the newest member of the Rodriguez family is a girl." My co-worker Alex said,
"Little evita will be here real soon." Benny said still super excited, and everyone in the stadium loved that name.

"Ok welll itsssss timeeeeee for dodger baseball." Scotty played vin scully's voiceover of that saying, what a great day.
I thought as I went to sit by Avery and the sandlot boys, who were right above the home dugout. "Little sissy." Avery whispered to me and I gave her a hug, "Yep. Little evita." I said back and we watched the game.

Rip van scully
💙❤️💙❤️💙