9st

The future

Harper

Our wedding had just finished and we were cleaning up, "wow only took 7 years for this to finally happen." I said giving Benny a kiss. "Hey it's ok, you were worth the wait." He said.

The wedding was at a place kinda near the beach so we decided to talk a walk on the shore before our actual honeymoon started. The salty beach air felt nice on this Friday night, under the moonlight I looked over to Benny. He was still more handsome than ever, he wasn't old but he definitely grew up a lot more even since senior year.

His jet black hair was a bit shorter than it used to be but not too short, it just made him look more mature.
And his body is super built from all the baseball he's playing. Oh I forgot to mention I just married the mlb's newest rookie of the season- Benny the jet Rodriguez. How lucky can I be?

At first his career wasn't so good, Benny had to have surgery on his shoulder but luckily he recovered good and that was only in college ball. Then he started getting even better and one day in the mail, he got a letter for him to join mlb. His first team was the angels since he was living there at the time- yes I was living with him, well in the same apartment complex. I decided to go to college and become a journalist, Yep me good at writing? I know crazy, it's something I figured out I liked senior year in b semester.

Once Benny signed his contract with the angels for 2 seasons, more teams started to notice him- probably since his first debute at bat he hit a 2-run homer. I was sitting next to his family and we were all going crazy, same with the rest of the stadium. Benny was happy with his team choice, but he really wanted to be a dodger. That was his dream.

And one day, he met with the dodgers head coach and got himself a 5 year contract with them, crazy right?
We were both super excited and then he proposed to me in the middle of the LA field when they made it to the play-offs. Now that's how to make the stadium go wild.

Then after the wedding, we bought a 3-bedroom house in LA not too far away from the stadium.
Benny and I both would go to the stadium everyday- him for baseball, and me for the interviewers/journalist.

One day in particular Benny and I arrived at the stadium and I saw someone familiar that moved into the announcers box that was about 2 doors down from mine. "Hello you must be the new announcer, I'm harper Rodriguez." I said holding my hand out to greet the new guy but he went straight for the hug, weird.

I must have gave him a weird look since he laughed and introduced himself. "Oh I'm sorry Harper, it's me Scotty smalls." He said, I gasped and gave him another hug. "I didn't recognize you, oh my goodness." I said.
It sure was Scotty, except he was all grown up. And was still wearing his dirty tan, long-bill fish hat that we all made fun of him for.

but I'm guessing that even if I saw the other boys I wouldn't have recognized them, I mean we all changed. I barely recognize myself from senior year, I got more curves and gained a bit more weight in my top half and stomach so I prolly wouldn't look the exact same.

"I see you changed routes and decided to follow Benny to the mlb career?" Smalls said unpacking his stuff, "Yea law-school wouldn't work out since Benny and I would have full time jobs, that were away from home. Espically if we wanted to start a family some day." I said, "yeah well I got a wife too. Surprising right?" He said showing me a picture of Camille. "Oh really you got Camille. I wouldnt have ever guessed that." I said congratulating him. "Yeah I got pretty lucky. And we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter and boy coming along." He said. "That's great! Well I gotta get back to work, great seeing ya. I'm only 2 doors down if you get bored!" I said giving him a hug then walking back.

Hmmm I wonder how the rest of the team was doing, we all kinda lost touch but sometimes I would get a text from Squints or yeah-yeah. But not often, I guess we all grew up and went our separate ways sadly.

I grabbed my notebook and a pen and got to work, I had to write about my amazing husband- I mean Benjamin Rodriguez. And him still being on fire with his swings, dodgers were on a dozen game win-streak.

-end of chapter-