Preference 22- He Goes Out With You For A Bet And You Find Out, (HIS POV, LOUIS)

He Goes Out With You For A Bet And You Find Out, (HIS POV, LOUIS)

A/N: maybe listen to 'Irresistible' by One Direction while reading, it adds more effect.

Louis: **12 MONTHS EARLIER** "I'm just going to get a drink." She says standing up and trotting into the kitchen. I was happy that she got up, we were playing truth or dare and she was driving me round the bend. I can't stand her. "Okay," Harry started, "You have to go into the kitchen, and start fiddling with her hair, like you love her. And then ask her out." He was speaking quietly just incase she heard.

I looked at him and my I felt like my top lip was quivering, "Do I have to?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded, his curls bouncing around, "See how long it lasts." He finishes taking a sip of his Coke.

"Okay then." I said, pulling my top down as I got up. I walked through the door to see her stood with her back to the door, looking aimlessly out of the window. "Hi babe!" I faked; she turned around and looked at me, her eyes sparkling. I had to admit, she was pretty. "Hi Lou!" She chirped, a smile appearing on her face.

I walked over to her slowly and my hand found a place in hers. "I've been thinking," I started, I looked at her, she was blushing. The sudden contact with her made her a bit startled. "I've been wanting to ask you this for a while now." I lied. "Well...." She egged me on. I moved my hand to the ends of her hair, "Will you be my.." I moved my eyes down to my feet, I felt awkward, "er, my girlfriend?" I asked quietly, I didn't know where this was going to go. She took her hand away from mine and moved it to her mouth, "Are you joking?!" She squealed. Yes. I wanted to say, but I couldn't, I had to get as far as I could to win this bet. "No, so what do you say?" I asked again, forcing a smile. She laughed a shaky laugh and nodded, "of course!" She beamed, her eyes lighting up again. I faintly nodded, smiled and made my way out of the kitchen, back into where the boys were sitting, "Did you do it?" Harry asked, moving his hair out of his eyes.

"Yeah, she's coming back through in a second so keep your mouth shut." I warned them as I heard her skip back through. I wasn't looking forward to the next few months.

**PRESENT DAY** (Y/N) sighs a happy sigh and sat next to me, "A year today!" She grins, her eyes looking directly into mine. "I know! Happy Anniversary!" I give her a hug. I feel remorseful about what happened a year ago today. I hadn't forgot about it, she still doesn't know, I wasn't planning on telling her. She would be heartbroken. I couldn't stand her a year ago, now I don't want her to leave me. "So what do you want to do?" she questions, "because if we want to go out somewhere tonight, I'll have to have some notice to get ready."

I sit and think for a few minutes, "we could go out for something to eat? Go see a movie, I'm happy doing anything. What do you want to do?"

She hums and hars for a few seconds, "I'd quite like to go and see a movie, I haven't been in a few months."

I smile at her, happy that she wasn't saying, "oh no, I'll do anything you want to do." All that crap. "I really want to see Les Miserables.." I trail off, not knowing that (Y/N) would think of that.

"Really? Not something happy?" She huffs, she's not a fan of things like that.

"Yeah, you're right, I'll see what on and I'll just surprise you." I smirk.

She smiles back and gives me a kiss before running up the stairs and shouting, "Can't wait."

I laugh to myself quietly and start looking through the selection of movies, there's some rubbish comes out in the cinemas these days. I think to myself skimming through some of them. Ten minutes later the door opens and a draft of wind floats through the house. "A year today!" A Cheshire voice shouts.

"Will you shut up? She's just upstairs, I don't think she's in the shower yet." I inform him. I didn't want her to hear anything about what happened.

He kicks his shoes off and sits next to me on the settee, "You can end it today, if you want." Harry tells me. Is he joking? End it, why? I'm happy now. "Nah." I reply, plainly. "Well, you did the dare so what's the point? There's nothing to it."

I don't know why but I just reply with, "yeah, I guess. Maybe I am getting a bit sick of the relationship. Maybe I want to move on, try someone new." But I don't. I'm just too afraid to admit to Harry that I do like her now. After the year she's not as annoying as she was.

Our conversation is interrupted when (Y/N) makes her way down the stairs, her usually bright eyes dark, and glossy. She's been crying.

"I thought you were getting ready?" I say, shocked and nervous. She might or might not of heard what I just said to Harry.

"Have fun tonight." Harry mumbles while picking his shoes up and leaving us.

She's stood on the bottom step, her arms crossed over her chest, "do you want to explain this to me or what?" She moves her hands to her hips, I stay quiet. "Spit it out Louis come on!"

I start to stutter, not knowing what to say, "(Y/N), that was a year ago."

Her face turns red with anger, "And when did you realize I wasn't annoying?"

"A few months ago.." I admit, moving my hands to the back of my neck.

"Oh, so everything you said at the beginning of the relationship and even just a few months ago, was a lie?" She questions me. Wanting to know every detail. Before I can say anything else again she's slipping on her UGG boots, still in her trackies from before. "Where are you going?" I ask her, trying to get her to stop.

"I'm going to leave you now, so you can move on and find someone new." My eyes are starting to get a bit glossy at this point. "(Y/N), please." I beg, trying to get her to stay but I don't have much hope. "I didn't mean what I said to Harry, I just don't want him to know that I like you now. I would loose the bet otherwise." Ah crap Louis.

"So you still care about that bet then?" She asks me, wiping her eyes.

"No! I don't, I just said that so-"

"Bullshit!" She shouts, "I should have never said yes, I should have never believed you and I should have never let you know how I felt about you. Because I knew, I would end up like this." She pushes some hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, I know she's not staying now.

"No I'm sorry, Louis. That I ever believed you." She states. Then leaves. That was the last I ever saw of her.

**OH MY GOD I'M CRYING. That was quite hard to write actually. Anyways, 4+votes for the next one which is Zayn's. They take quite a long time to write because they need a lot of thought into them so Zayn's might be up tomorrow it depends. And thank you for nearly 60K reads! I'm so shocked, and happy. Thank you!**

And if anybody has any requests for any preferences please comment them and I'll dedicate that preference to you if I decide to do it:)