10

"Absolutely not!" Hell, I thought those two went home

"Absolutely not!" Hell, I thought those two went home. I hear Brianna shout as I enter my condo.

    "Grab the damn meat. It's not going to kill you." Arianna snaps, and I can hear Helena laughing.

    "Can I add the eggs?" Is that Emma?

    Taking off my shoes, I walk further into the condo. Asher and Aaron are sitting on the couch watching tv. What the hell? I'm starting to think  Vincent and Kenza think I'm a fucking babysitter club. Now dont get me wrong, I love them all, but I was hoping to get Helena on the countertop tonight. Aaron notices me first, then Asher. Twins run in our friendship circle, and the creepiest twins have to be these two. Not in creepy behavior, but how creepy they favor me. At times when I'm out with the boys, people think they are mine. Thank the Gods Emma took after Kenza because then she would be ugly--not really, but handsome Squidward kind of ugly.

    "Uncle Tristan!" Aaron runs to hug me. "We like your cook."

    "Really? Did she feed you delicious food?" I question, and he nods his head. Asher waves, never taking his eyes off the television. Yup, he is definitely his father's child. Aaron skips back to the couch, and I turn my attention to the kitchen. From where I'm standing, I see Helena's back toward me, and she is helping Emma crack an egg. My real concern is Ari trying to shove a raw chicken into Bri's face.

    "What is going on here?" I finally say, getting everyone's attention in the kitchen. Arianna drops the chicken back into the bowl. Helena and Emma turn around. "Have you two seen your face?"

    Arianna and Brianna look at the two and burst into laughter.

    "So what is for dinner?" I ask.

    "Food," Helena answers and turns back around to help Emma. I walk to her side, placing my hand on her lower back.

    "What kind of food?"

    "Food you can eat." she looks at me. "Get your hand off of me," she whispers.

    "We need to talk," I say. Her eyes lock in on my lips. I dont know if she knows she is doing it, but that slow lick of her lips has me ready to call these kids' parents to get them. "Can you spare a minute?"

    She looks uncertain and then tells the twins what must get done until she returns. "Emma, can you grab your iPad, and we can finish we I get back? Also, code cupcake." Emma nods her head with a thumbs up and climbs off the stool. What the hell is code, cupcake? Helena grabs a hand towel before following me out of the kitchen. I keep walking upstairs, and I see she is reluctant to follow. I tell her to come to my office upstairs. Which is true, but I dont use that office. I prefer the one downstairs.

    I lock the office door once she finally enters.

    "You dont need to lock the door. What do you want to talk about?" she leans against my desk.

    "Sorry, you got stuck with all my nieces and nephews today. I apologize. I'll talk with my twin regarding dropping his kids off. You're my chef."

    "It's fine. I had a great time with all the kids today. I do love Emma. We made ice cream from scratch today. Asher and Aaron are adorable too. I wonder, though, who does Asher take after? His mom or dad? He has a peculiar personality for someone at the age of 10." She smirks, probably thinking about whatever happened today.

    "His dad." I move closer, and she sticks her hand out in front of her. "What?"

    "No." she gives me a stern look. "What else do you want to talk about?"

    "Why are you stopping me? Scared if I get too close, we might do something you'll regret?" I walk closer, praying she will cave in. I'm not shy nor scared to say that I want Helena. I will make her mine. Yes, my ways are not exactly correct, but is there ever a proper way to win someone over? "We should go on a date?"

    "I'm not scared of anything, and no, we can't date. I dont mix business with pleasure." I could call her bluff, but the sounds of Emma knocking on the door stopped me. Helena looks at me with a smug look.

    "Helena, we need you in the kitchen," Emma says.

    "I'll be right there," she answers, walking toward the door. I wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her into my chest. I subtly inhale her scent.

    "Spend the night." I nip her ear. "I would love for you to spend the night with me."

    "Tristan," she warns as her hand fist my shirt. Nipping her ear again, I gain a low moan from her. She can act tough when we're apart,  but it's another story when I get her in my arms. She caves in quicker than a cake when you have kids running around. I really dont know what that means, but Charles has said that a lot when she talks about Chase falling for her charms.

    "Stay the night," I repeat.

    "Miss Helena!" Emma bangs on the door. "Am I doing this code cupcake thing, right?" she questions, and by the sound of it, I know she is probably pouting in frustration.

    Helena chuckles, taking a step back. "Code cupcake?" I question.

    "Miss Helena!" Emma bangs again. Helena moves to the door and quickly opens it. "Miss Helena, what are you guys doing?" she looks around Helena's leg straight at me. Damn, she sure is cock block.

    "Nothing." I stick my tongue out at her. "What is code, cupcake?"

    Helena grabs Emma's hand, and they walk back downstairs, whispering. My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I stop midway down the staircase. What the hell does she want? I look at my phone, swiping to answer it.

    "Hello." I sigh.

    "Dont sound too excited to speak to me."

    "I'm not. What do you want?" I never knew talking to someone you despise would make everything they do annoying. Just like hearing her breathing is enough for me.

    "You need to come home."

    "For?" I ask.

    "Does it matter? You need to come home, or I'll go to your little man cave condo and get you. We agreed, and I said I would leave you alone, but you would have to come home at least once a week. It's been three weeks since I saw you." she has an attitude. Like, I give a damn.

    "I've been busy." I take a deep breath. "I will see you this Friday."

    "Lovely. I love you, darling. See you Friday."

    I hang up, not caring to exchange sweet nothings. I enter the kitchen to see Helena laughing with the girls and make my way to my office. Closing the door, I pour myself a cup of whiskey. Just hearing her voice reminds me how much I hate going home and seeing her. I wonder how Helena will feel about my little arrangement. Maybe I can bring her with me? Nope, I dont think she would like that very much.

    "Fuck me," I say out loud, gulping down and pouring myself another. I sit in my office going over paperwork and drinking until Asher pops his head inside, telling me it's time for dinner.