9

After breakfast, Tristan and his nieces left me to my thoughts

 After breakfast, Tristan and his nieces left me to my thoughts. Which I welcome immediately. I dont know why I got jealous, thinking he had some chick upstairs. I bet his nieces thought I was some crazy lady when they saw me. If I were in their shoes, I would have thought I was a crazy lady. I did wake them out with all the banging, and I apologized to them both before clearing off the dining room table.

My phone pings catching my attention.

Janet: Hey, boss lady. Henry would like to know if you will be coming in today. I'm not exactly sure why he didn't text you himself.

I know why.

Helena: I won't be able to today. Hopefully, I can make it in tomorrow for the lunch rush. If Henry has any more work-related questions, tell him he is free to text me.

I sit on the couch, skimming through the channels, bored out of my mind. I never thought being a personal chef would just be a whole lotta waiting. Tristan's nieces are a bit much, but I would be more than to have their company right now. I should chitchat with Tristan to figure out everything in this contract. Hell, is there a contract? I dont want to be stuck doing all of this only to get my ass handed to me in the end.

"So bored," I say loudly, sinking my head back on the couch. As if the Gods heard my cry of boredom, there was a knock on the door. Tristan didn't tell me not to answer the door. I don't know how to work the little panel thing beside the door to see who is out there. Vaguely remembering his nieces saying only people Tristan has permitted the lobby attendant can come up here.

Opening the door, I'm face to face with the twins and three other kids. I open the door wider, allowing them to come inside. I'm pretty sure they could be his other niece and nephews. They walk in and talk among themselves. Closing the door, I clear my throat. Granted, I'm the chef--the help. However, I will not be ignored by anyone.

"Right." Brianna kicks off her shoes, sitting on the couch. "Helena, these are our younger siblings, Asher, Aaron, and Emma. Mom asked us to babysit for a bit, and we thought we would come back here since you cook."

"Also, because you're an adult who seems responsible. So if anything happens, you can help." Arianna adds. Yeah, I would need to ask Tristan about this contract. At this point, its nothing I can do but indirectly watch them. Babysitting is definitely out of the question. But damn, their mama had two sets of twins--I would cry.

"Are you Uncle Tristan's new girlfriend? You're much more pretty than the last one he had." the boy Asher states. Well, it's good to know I'm not ugly.

"You can't say things like that, Asher." Brianna coughs. "That's not his girlfriend. She is his worker."

"Shouldn't you be at work then?" Emma questions walking back toward me, her iPad in hand. She looks up at me, giving me a toothy grin. Aww, she is so cute. I wonder who she takes after her mother or father? "Do you want to be uncle Tristan's girlfriend?"