1

"Lights on or off?" I repeat myself

"Definitely on, so I can see how you look when I have you coming all over my dick."

I choke on the water, not believing what the hell I'm hearing. Then again this is Nick we're talking to. He is the most perverted guy I know. Tiffany shifted in her spot, rolling her eyes at him. She hates when Nick talks that way in front of her, with her being his twin sister. The guys near him, Patrick, and Jeffery give him high fives.

"You know you don't have to elaborate on the answer." Sage takes a sip of her wine. This happens every week and every week we explain to Nick that he doesn't need to explain. There are times when he follows the rules and then there are times like this. The only thing different about this time is that; he directed that explained to me. Normally, it was Sage or Olivia he would go after.

"I know that and it's no fun if I don't. Right, Helena?" He winks at me.

"Whatever." I take a sip of my beer. "Can you just ask your question?"

"Would you rather spit or swallow?" He leans on his elbows, eyeing me.

"Come on Nick, that's not how the game goes. Stop being nasty and ask a more appropriate question." Tiffany reaches over the table, slapping him upside the head. "You're making Helena uncomfortable. Right?" She looks over at me and I shrugged my shoulders. Yes, Nick can be a bit much but I've known him since junior high and he has always been that way so fifteen years later I shouldn't be surprised by the things that come out of his mouth. "Well, I have a problem with it and want you to stop." She adds. Nick apologizes and looks at his phone. He mentioned a friend from work was stopping by, but that was twenty minutes ago. Maybe he was getting stood up—that is a first.

The game continued and everything went back to normal for the most part. Three rounds of drinks later and everyone was feeling it. The "would you rather" game turned into college and work stories. Everyone was well off in his or her job field. Sage, Jeffery, and Tiffany all worked for a marketing company and to my knowledge were getting paid very well. Patrick and Olivia are District Attorneys the best there is. Nick is the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

He had a friend in college who helped him get where he is today. As for me, I'm an Executive Chef with my own restaurant, a two Michelin star one at that. I pride myself on my place, especially the staff I hire. As I mentioned early we're all doing well in our fields.

"Do you have somewhere to be?" I ask Nick, he hasn't stopped looking down at his phone. "I can always get your dessert to go," I add.

"How sweet of you, but you don't need to come with me." He winks at me again. "My friend is outside, was running a bit late due to work."

"She probably didn't want to come and meet us. Hell, I was scared of sitting next to you guys. You all were a bunch of shitheads in eighth grade." I joke.