13

Helena pulls back, trying to stop me from leaving the house

Helena pulls back, trying to stop me from leaving the house. I tug on her hand, and she stumbles forward. I caught her in time so that she wouldn't be eating the floor. She looks at me with a glare. I try to mask the smile on my face with a cough, but Helena catches it. She squeezes my hand tight, thinking it will hurt me, and I chuckle.

"You think it's funny?" she buries her face in my chest, and I feel it.

"Ouch, what the hell, Helena?" I watch as she leans back with a smile on her face. Did she just bite my nipple?

"Not so funny now." I hear the humor in her voice and snatch her hand back. Helena has a playful side, and it's turning me on more. I need her back at her place or mine right now. I dont care to have dinner with my family, and I never was a fan of family dinners after my parents divorced. Nor when my stepmother decided to bring Antonella around more and more with each family dinner. The last time I enjoyed a family dinner without my mother was when Everett and Tameka came over, and Tamika let my stepmother have it. Safe to say Tameka isnt allowed back over, but she doesn't care anyway.

"Are you two going to play around or come eat?" Vincent questions in amusement. Helena clears her throat and turns around. Damn, her ass looks nice in that dress. It bounces as she follows behind Vincent.

"Stop staring at my ass, and let's go eat." She says, not turning around. Damn, does she have eyes on the back of her head? My feet move on their own as Helena turns the corner, no longer in my eyesight. I see the table set up is for my stepmother's benefit rather than mine. Vincent looks at me with annoyance, picking up what is happening. He gestures for me to take his seat next to where Helena is now sitting, and he sits across the table next to Antonella. My father is at one end of the table, and my stepmother, dearest, at the other end.

"Oh, Vincent, why not sit next to your wife?" My stepmother plays dumb. She will not let Helena feel unwelcome here because I will leave after telling her about herself.

"Honey, leave the kids alone." My father speaks up before drawing his attention to Helena. "So Helena, was it? I hear from Vincent you're a big deal in the culinary world."

"I wouldn't say a big deal. You should visit my restaurant one day. Everything will be in the house. You can even bring your lovely wife too." Helena looks at the other end of the table, briefly smiling. Okay, so she is handling this better than I thought she would. By now, she probably knows what my stepmother is trying to do.

"I'll take you up on that offer." My father tells her. Vincent's wife talks to Helena one-off about hosting a party at her restaurant, and I mentally groan. She doesn't seem to have a subtle bone in her body. I know she only wants to see if her food compares to Charles, if not better. I placed my hand on Helena's thigh before she could answer. Her attention turns to me, and she gives me a questioning look.

"Helena has a lot on her plate, Kenz. Maybe not--"

"Tristan," Antonella says, cutting me off. "Marlene tells me the company is hosting a gala event for Halloween."