Mr. Doctor - chapter 6

Six

Eve

Dr. Adam parks his car in front of the house, take out an umbrella he jogs to my side and opens my door. Such a gentle man. I know it's pouring heavily and I need to squeeze in with him to shield myself from the rain but I would prefer getting cold and wet by the rain rather than be burned by Dr. Adam.

Maintain a safe distance Eve, I keep repeating to myself as we move towards the house. Its just secong away but it feels like forever. All thoughts of sense vanishes as soon as Dr. Adam snakes his hand around my waste and tugs me close to him.

It's a move I did not see coming and the sudden unexpected contact has my heart beating frantically, I snap my head to look at him but he is looking straight ahead not even the slightest form of discomfort on his face, he looks like this is normal to us. But does he not get what his closeness does to me? I try to wiggle against his abrupt dominant hold only to make his grip tighter.

"You will get wet. Stay still" he commands in a gravelly voice.

Now, it's looks like my heart has its own mind beating to an unknown rhythm and my body its own reactions as a shiver passes through me, which has nothing to with the weather. And everything to do with Dr. Adam's cold hand in contrast to his rather warm and strong body pressed against me. And his very sexy voice playing in my ears. Just great. Relax, breath, I remind myself and try to put some distance between us but his hold only tightens.

Once we reach my porch and are at safe distance I offer

"Coffee?" My voice still a bit breathy damn me

"I don't think that's a good idea miss Eve"

"Your hands are cold you could use something to warm them up" The words leave my mouth before I could make sense of how horrible the sound.

He clears his throat and his eyes turn stormy before he speaks

"Miss Eve_"

I cut him this time "as a gesture of thankyou. I could fix you a use and throw container, you can take it with you... if you don't want to stay"

"That not necessary"

"Then you're coming in" I look at him hopefully

"Sure" he huffs out. And walks in side the opened door I think a bit... annoyed???

"Hola" Lily my roommate greets us and immediately shuts her mouth when she spots Dr. Adam.

"Lily this is Dr. Adam and Dr. Adam my roommate lily" I introduced them her eyes scann the fine speciment beside me.

"Hi" she says joyfully.

He gives her a quick nod. So Dr. Adam style.

"So, this the mister doctor?" She asks looking at me with all hearted eyes and I want to kill her like right now.

"Lily, don't you have something to do?" I stare at her and she takes the hint.

"Oh yes, sure, I totally do, I'll be in my room" she runs to her room. Not before she passes me a wink. Which hopefully Dr. Adam did not see.

"Don't mind her she is like always like that. I'll make coffee" I say as I dump my bag on the counter take off my shoes and head to the kitchen.

"And pleas feel comfortable" I call out

When I emerge from the kitchen with steaming cups of coffee, I find Dr. Adam standing at my mini library. His back to me, I take in the view of him. He has abandoned his coat and has rolled up his sleeves and that revels his toned arms and God it looks so damn...

"If you're done looking, can I have my coffee?"

His voice jolts me and I spill my cup of coffee on me "shit" I cry out in pain when the hot liquid touches my stomach.

"Eve are you alight" taking the cups from my hand he asks.

"Yes, I'll be fine" holding my shirt away from my skin I say

"Amm..... You have your coffee ill change... I mean give me a second"

I rush to my room. My skin burns
I throw off my shirt and sprinkle some cold water on my abdomen that's turned into a shade of red. I hear knock at my door and after a moment I hear Dr. Adam

"Eve let me see"
What the hell?

"no, I am fine I'll be there in a bit" I call out looking for a first aid kit in my washroom.

"I am the doctor, let me decide" and with that the door of my room flies open.

"Adam I am_"

"Shuss" he shut's me up successfully as he gets down on his knees to exam my abdomen.

His eyes hold mine for a second before they return to the area that needs attention.

His hand comes to my hip holding me steady and I swallow hard. we are having a lot of unexpected touching today. His other runs over my abdomen just so slightly it has me holding the counter top in a death grip. Biting my lower lip to supress the morn threatening to escape.

His hand hovers above my burnt skin contemplating before his fingers repeat the torturous action and I could no more contain the sound that escaped my mouth. I don't think pain has anything to do with it. The burn long forgotten, a new kind of burn takes hold of my heart, setting my every nerve on fire. I don't want him to stop touching me, I don't even want to breathe if it's going to break the moment. I look at him with fogy eyes and he is looking right back his dark eyes that look ready to possess.

But then something snap in them and he suddenly moves and stands away from me with the speed of lightning. The action brings me back to my senses. I immediately cross my arms in front of me, suddenly aware of my lack of clothing, makong him looks away.

The way his Adam's apple bobs tells me how difficult he is finding to talk and I am stunt to have rendered him speech less. He must have seen a million bodies and I don't mean on the OT table, he must have had supermodels dating him and yet what I see in his eyes is nothing but pure want, if I am not wrong. And it does something inside me.

Dr. Adam clears his throat before he speaks.

"It doesn't look to serious... Just apply anti burn ointment"

does he sound angry? Yes, why I have no clue before I could say something he is already walking out and then he shuts the door behind him.

I quickly find my first aid box apply the ointment put on a t-shirt and walk into my living room only to find him gone. when I reach my porch, I see him pull out of where he had parked, his umbrella still rests against my wall all while it still rain's.