Mr. Doctor - chapter 5

Five

Eve

The surgery went on for hours and all the waiting and prayers paid off when Aliza walked out to inform me and Sam's family that the surgery went well and was as successful as it could get and that Sam is unconscious for now but as soon as he is up, he will be on his road to recovery.

I could not have been happier for him finally he will be out of here out of his pain and finally in a place he wants to so desperately be, home.

Sam's mother holds me in her embrace for a while just breathing calming down happy tears fill her eyes.

"Thankyou" she says

"You don't have anything to thank me for Mrs. Emily"

"You have been with us, helped us through our hard time anf took care of us when our Sam was inside fighting his own battel it... it means a lot" she says through her tears.

And I am overwhelmed, it makes me so happy for being something to someone through there difficult time. My heart finds peace at the thought of easing someone's pain, for being with them through these difficult times.

"Mrs Emily" I hug her once more
"Now you need to take care of yourself so you can be there for Sam. You have been strong parents and Sam is lucky to have you both" I say to the man standing next to his wife. He might be quite but his eyes tell everything that needs to be said.

"I should leave now, take care" i offer them a smile as I part with them.

"You too sweetheart"

When i walk out door i see that it has started to rain and the sun is almost setting. I usually travel with Dr. Usha in her car but she left long ago. I planned on taking a cab but according to the uber app no ride is available and the only ride I found cancelled on me, frustrated I sigh.

"What's wrong?" the sound of a deep voice from behind me sends chills run down my spine.

I pull my coat a little tighter before I turn to face Dr. Adam who is hovering above me. Why is he so freaking tall?

"I am fine, just trying to find a ride back home" I reply not meeting his eyes

"Not sure you'll find one" his voice is deprived of any feelings.

My head snaps up to his face and before I could say something, he continues

"I'll drop you off"

That has me looking at him wide eyed, open mouthed and with a racing heart. Not that it wasn't before.

"No, I mean... thank you but... I'm sure I'll find something. I just need to wait"

"You know you won't and how bad could it be to ride with me? At least you know where I work" he sounds irritated, offended...

"Right, but I don't want to be a trouble"

"Trust me comparing to all the troubles I have with you this is nothing"

All the troubles? Seriously? He says it under his breath but it was still audible.

I raise my eyebrows at him. I don't even want to go into the details of what he meant. Standing in front of him is enough torcher on my nerves. So, I ignore him and look at my phone to check if any rides are available. And to my luck none. I can still watch Dr. Adam from the periphery of my eyes standing at the same spot now arms folded.

"It's getting late and I am the best choice you have or should I say the only choice Eve, so get walking to my bloody car" he says Gesturing to the black Roils Royce parked at the entrance.

Though I hate to admit but he is right and though I'll hate to be in a closed space alone with him feeling the way I'll feel, he is the only option I have got. So, I start towards his car and he walks ahead and opens the door so that I could quickly get in without getting too wet.

As soon as I sit in the confined yet very luxury's space. Strong sent of Dr. Adam and expensive leather surrounds me making my all dizzy. Yet it's soothing like All I want is to throw my head back and get lost in it, It's like the only thing you want to come back to after a long tiring day of work. A place like home, he smells like home. As soon as the thought hit me, I jolt out of it. I must officially be declared crazy.

"Where to?" He asks

I look at him a bit dizzy in head he has already buckled himself and has started the engine and is looking at me like I am some alien.

"Han?"

"Your address Miss. Eve"

"Yes, that"

I tell him my address and we pull out from the hospital gates, strange silence fills the cabin, the awareness of having Dr. Adam so close and all to myself sets in, making me hyper aware. So much so I can hear Dr. Adam's stedy breathing and hear my own heart beating in my ears...

"Congrats for the successful surgery" I say just to save myself from the killer silence.

He gives a nod so much for trying to have a conversation.

"I am just trying to talk" words leave me before I could stop myself.

"I don't do small talks Eve" he rumbles

That has me roiling my eyes

"I don't see that's the case with others" I mutter.

Certainly he did not have any problem talking to Elisha the other day in fact she was also laughing at something he said I remember that pissing me of for some strange reason too.

Instead of responding to what I said, which I am sure he must have heard in this deadly silence he simply turns on the radio. My god, this man is another level. I turn my head and look out of the window for the rest of the drive.