Mr. Doctor - chapter 16

Sixteen

Eve

I hope I am not dreaming. And if it's a dream I hope I don't wake up. Like ever...

After a long time. And after I make myself presentable once again. Noah holds my hand as he leads me down the stairs to the garden. I must say this place is beautiful. I could not admire it before with so much on my mind... but now as we walk down I can see it is warm yet very luxurious, the walls of the stairs are adorned with family photos. I want to stop and give my full attention to each picture but we have already stayed away from the party long enough. And people might wonder where Noah disappeared.

"You have a beautiful house," I say

"Thanks, my mom loves this place and it's her that makes this place more beautiful Noah says

"I wish we had time to explore"

"I would love to show you around... but we can always come back... now that my mom has met you I doubt she is going to leave you alone"

What does he mean I look at him quizzically

His eyes dance with mischief.

"You... they know?" Of course, they do that's why the lunch invitation. God, what must they think about me?

Noah kisses me on my nose

"They love you," he says. How does he always know what's going on inside my mind?

"Noah..."

"What? I told you I don't do things in halves"

"But... We were not even a thing a few minutes ago"

A sexy smirk plays on his face

"But... I know we would be now come on" he drags me along with my hand in his.

And like a little kid, I can't stop the grin that spread on my face. As we walk through the crowd toward Emma and Isaac.

"Noah where did you disappear?" A female voice from behind us questions.

"Ana. hi, sorry I had something really important that needed my attention" Noah looks at me with a sly smile 

"Oh, I see hope everything is fine"

She eyes our joint hands and the I think the idea does not fit well with her. I try my best to pull away. Only making Noah pull me further into him dropping my hand he places his on the small of my back. Sending a shiver up my spine.

How did I forget, Dr. Ana and Noah arrived together and... I don't even know what's between them. Sure they could be friends but... I have never seen Noah like how he is with her. This situation is making me feel uncomfortable.

"Sure it is... is it not Eve?" he looks down at me. This man. I offer a polite smile. And excuse me from them.

"I think Dr. Usha must be looking for me... if you'll excuse me. I shall find her." I pull out of his touch. He does not seem impressed but lets me go.

I walk into the crowd looking for Dr. Usha she must be worried. The little space between me and Noah allows me to think straight. I don't know what I was thinking walking hand in hand with Noah. All our colleagues are here and God knows what they would make of it. It's new and we are going to see where this new path leads us... and I think we need to keep this low before we go public.

I sport dr. Usha talking to a young man. No matter how old she has a way to charm people around her. With a smile plastered on my face, I walk towards her.

"Here she is," she says. Seeing me approaching her.

"Eve, meet Alan he is the son of a good friend of mine. I was just talking to him about you. And he's single." she winks at me.