Mr. Doctor - chapter 2

Two

Eve

"Good morning Dr. Usha" Dr. Adam greets my mentor who is standing beside me as we ride the elevator together so much for minimal interaction.

"Good morning, Dr. Adam how was your trip to New York?"

"Great" he says and then look at me a bit annoyed I think.

"This is Eve, she is my intern. A very bright student. One of the best interns I've had so far"

God. She has me blushing or rather he has with his close scrutiny, he look me top to down making me conscious.

"If you say so" he says with a smirk his action has caught me confused, Arrogant bas****. Maybe he only likes people praising him which I am sure he gets in loads.

I literary count down seconds to get to our floor. As soon as the doors open, I am the first to step out and breathe a lung full of air. Dr. Usha walks past me and I try to follow suit when I hear Dr. Adam's smoldering voice

"Wait"

I turn around to see who he is addressing but his eyes intensely fixed on me.

"Me?" I ask

I don't know what this man does to me but every time that's only twice including now, he has me intimidated. He walks up to me and speaks in a hushed voice that sounds so damn... I don't want to say but sexy.

"If you're smart enough as your mentor clams you should know that rules are meant to follow"

When the haze clears and the words he just spoke sink in

I try to recall what rules have i broken? I open my mouth but he cuts me off with a raised hand.

"This time miss Eve, I am letting it go. But next time_" he nods and walks back into the elevator and I stand stunt looking at the closed metallic doors.

Then it clicks. He knows, he knows, he knows about Baymax but how? And thank God he let me off with a warning. But why?

Putting aside the mornings encounter I go about my day. Visiting wads, planning menus, drawing charts, reporting to Dr. Usha and staying clear of Dr. Adam's. You would not believe but my leg hurt like hell!!! by the end of the day. Because me being me I used stairs instead of elevators the whole god damn day just so I don't have to share another torturous ride with the devil.

***

Thankfully, The same continues the next day and the next and many days after no direct interactions. My plan to avoide Dr. Adam has been going great almost too great like we are working in unison. I have made many diet plans for his little patients but I am always briefed about it by his assistant or directly by Dr. Usha never him. And strangely we have never come across each other during my rounds to his patient's wards. It's a good thing right?

But I can't bring myself to look away from afar when I find him interacting with his little patients. He is a different person then soft, kind and approachable. I have come to love, no let me rephrase it i have come to like his smile that's reserved only for them. It makes me wonder what it would feel like to be on the receiving end. Another thing I have come to like, yes like, is the calm and confident demeanour he always carries with him especially while entering an OT. I might even say he looks a bit more handsome then.

Well, if you're thinking I am checking him out. yes, I totally am at least I am better than all those females around me including Elisha who throw themselves at him at every oppturnity they find not that they succeed and not that I care...