That's all she ever wanted..

The Library

Akamatsu Kaede. She was known as the class' sunshine and a leader of some sort. Kaede was loved by all. It was physically impossible to not, at the very least mind her existence beside you. Whether you hated social interaction or not. The blonde beauty was almost always filled with energy and spoke with nothing but kindness. Her eyes, bright and round held love and care in a coloured lilac pink. Ichika loved it. The pining idiot refused to act upon her feeling for the blonde and opted to just stay as friends the girls life. So when Kaede had asked Ichika to hang out, the blonde/brunette was more than happy to agree as a red tint took over her cheeks. 

"Aki-San?" Kaede approached Ichika by her desk who was doing rough sketches of some sort of flexible movement for a sport Kaede didn't know of. 

 "Oh, hi Akamatsu-Chan!" The small girl chirped and looked up at Kaede with a small blush from her desk. 

 "Do you wanna hang out during our free period later at the library?" Kaede scratched her cheek lightly and smiled wearily at Ichika. The smaller one of the two hummed in thought before nodding. 

 "Sure, but we have to careful where we go in the library" 

 "Why is that?"

 "Oma-Kun and Iruma-San are hunting me down for pulling a small prank on them.." Kaede raised a eyebrow at the shy confession of Ichika who chuckled awkwardly. 

"You? Pulling a prank on those two? I didn't think you were the type Akiyama-San~" Ichika looked away rom Kaede in embarrassment as the girl continued to tease the blonde/brunette. Free period came and Ichika walked beside Kaede into the library. Ichika ran to one of the section in the library that peaked her interest, Kaede right behind her. Ichika presented a thick book in front of Kaede with a smile. 

"Can we read this book together?" Ichika spoke without thinking and covered her mouth in slight embarrassment. Her brain ran at 100mph as she thought of all the positions they could sit in together to read the book. What if Kaede doesn't want to read the book with her though? What if the book doesn't interest Kaede? What if- Kaede interrupted Ichika's thoughts by taking hold of the book with a smile of her own. 

 "Sure we can!" She took Ichika by the wrist and guided her to a quiet corner in the library. Kaede sat down and patted to the space beside her on the floor. Ichika followed and sat down beside Kaede before the girl handed the book back to Ichika. She opened the book and laid it on her lap. 

 "Can you see the words from here?" 

 "Yeah.. I'm a bit of a slow reader, so I'm sorry if I slow us down in reading the book.." Kaede chucked, feeling a bit guilty to which Ichika shook her head. 

 "That's alright. I'll wait for you, so you can take your time!" Ichika chirped and it made Kaede's cheeks dust with a faint blush. 

 "Your so cute Akiyama-San!" The sudden compliment made Ichika blush and tuck her head away from Kaede and mumble out a humble "thank you.. And you can call me Ichika. Since we're close, right?" Instead of answering verbally Kaede in return hummed before wrapping a arm around Ichika's waist. Muttering "You can call me Kaede then." Ichika stiffened before relaxing and starting to read the book with Kaede. They had less than a hour to themselves and read. In peace. Unfortunately that peace didn't last long as, half an hour in, Kokichi and Miu stalked into the library to find Ichika and Kaede reading the book Ichika had chosen and curled up together with a peaceful look on both of their faces.

"Ha! Gay losers!" Miu shouted, startling the two of them and Kokichi held a small Nerf gun in his hand. 

 "Payback Akiyama-San." He shoots the foam bullets at Ichika. Who yelped and used the book for protection. She then placed it down quickly and chased after Kokichi and Miu, running around the library and out the hallway, leaving Kaede to shake her head at their antics.