Chapter 11

Vanessa couldn't stop thinking about what had happened in the car

Vanessa couldn't stop thinking about what had happened in the car. Was Talon really going to kiss her? She wanted him to. She waited for him to fully commit, and part of her wanted to close the distance between them. But she couldn't. She needed him to take the leap of faith.

Vanessa felt drawn to Talon and she couldn't figure out why. He felt so comfortable, and so much like someone or something she's seen before. Talon was warm and infectious and he talked about everything that seemed to interest him like it was a sweet newborn baby.

She looked across the table, taking in the man sitting opposite of her. He skimmed the menu, searching through all the options for something to eat. Vanessa already knew what she wanted, so she spent her time watching him.

"Do you know what you are going to order yet?" Vanessa asked after a few minutes had passed. Talon shook his head, still searching the menu.

"Honestly, everything looks and sounds so good. I have no clue what I'm supposed to get."

"I'm getting the fried pickles with the breaded chicken wings with this sauce." Vanessa leaned across the table, pointing at the options to show Talon what she planned on ordering. "If I remember, I'll ask for all flats, but I almost always forget until after they walk away."

"That sounds delicious. Maybe I'll just get the same thing as you." Talon winked as he placed the menu down on the table.

"Don't even think about touching my fried pickles. Those are my favorite, and it's so hard to find a restaurant that does them right!" Vanessa waved her hand through the air as she spoke. Talon couldn't possibly take his eyes off of her. He couldn't remember what she was ordering, but figured he'd risk it so he could spend more time looking at her.