Chapter 20

Having relocated to an Orchard, Clara stood next to Nik with Hope behind them in her car seat as they watched Dahlia get her materials all ready for the spell. No words had been exchanged between the two the whole rest of the night. The only thing that made Clara know that Nik was in fact in plan mode was when she opened the bed of the truck for him to put Freya in the back, and he slips a gold dagger into her jacket pocket when he hops down infront of her and kisses her suddenly. She was his plan, and she knew what she had to do.

"You two are quiet. Are you having misgivings?" Dahlia comments.

"I was just looking for a polite way to ask, 'What the hell is taking so long?'" Nik replies with an annoyed eye roll.

Dahlia moves to stand infront of the table before them, "Well, we can begin now." Seeing the look on Nik's face of sudden surprise at her response she smiles. "Once we're linked, I'll no longer have to sleep a hundred years again. Your concerns for my status will ease, and I'll finally be able to focus on Hope. I will only need one drop of her blood. And then her power shall be mine also."

Nik looks over to Freya, "What do you want to do about Freya?" 

"She served her purpose." Dahlia replies, looking up to the moon, "So, tonight, at the moon's apex, I'll end her life, and once our link is severed, the bond that I share with your daughter will become permanent." she explains.

Clara could see how displeased Nik was with his aunts words, "Best to get on with it, then." she chimes in gaining their attention.

Dahlia smiles towards her, suspicion in her eyes. "I am glad that you had a change of heart Clara." she says earning a small smile from the girl.

"Lets begin, shall we." Nik says making his way to stand infront of the table, Dahlia follows.

She holds out her hand for Nik to take before begining the spell. "Medareno sometswar. Medareno sometswar."  She begins to chant, filling the air with magic. Hope begins to whine as she feels the magic with worry.

The challances began to overfill with blood and slowly fill the infinity halves to were infront of each of them. Slowly Clara removes the dagger from her pocket and moves to keep it out of sight from Dahlia once the spell finishes. As the bloods finally connect in the middle the two gasp and release their holds on one another.

Nik sighs and makes his way over to Clara, earning a nod from her and he returns it before facing Dahlia who was still catching her breath. "With your strength, I will never need to sleep for a century again." she says a bit amazed.

"Well, maybe you can take one more nap." Clara says causing the elder witch to turn around confused, only to be met with Clara stabbing Nik in the chest with the golden dagger.

Dahlia moves her hand to stop them but the dagger was already taking its affect casuing her to drop. Nik begans to fall but Clara helps him down. "See you soon." she whispers before kissing his forehead as he dessecates.

Not even a minute goes by before Freya gasps awake in a panic. Clara quickly stands and makes her way over to her and her daughter. "We have a lot to talk about." she tells Freya who looks at her confused.

_____________________

After a quick phone call to Rebekah the two wait for someone to arrive to help with the two 'sleeping' people that were on the ground. Elijah arrives, clearly not pleased. "Well, my adage holds-- nothing good ever happens in a clearing in the woods." Freya says, trying to be abit light hearted as she helps Clara with trying to calm Hope down.

"Nothing good ever happens where my brother is concerned." Elijah says as he approaches the two, "With one exception." he says looking to Hope, before glancing to Clara. "How is she?" he questions.