Chapter 2

The trio had been stuck in this 'hell' for Four months. Nether Bonnie nor Clara  have made any sort of progress to figuring out their little magic issue. Clara tried to look for anything that would of eventually been hers on the Gilbert house but there was nothing. Not even her room was prepared for her past arrival, it was just an ordinary guest room. It was like they weren't expecting her.

Feeling a bit defeated, Clara joined the two on their venture to the store. Currently Bonnie and Damon were silently fighting over who got to fight over who got to push the shopping cart. "I got it." Damon finally says, a bit stubbornly. 

Bonnie lets out a sigh but lets go of the cart, "Okay." she says before looking over the list she made. "We need strawberries." she tells him as they stroll down an aisle.

"Mmhmm." Damon says, acknowledge that he was listening to her list as he looks over shelves.

"Eggs, milk, and -ooh candles." Bonnie says as she sees the candles going over to grab one, causing Clara to crack a smile at her moment of excitement.

"I know it's been a while, but you couldn't do magic as an anchor, " Damon starts before glancing between the the two girls, "and you are a magic hotspot who can't do magic herself. So, I'm curious what momentary lapse reason makes either of you think you can do it now?" Damon questions the two as they turn a corner.

"You know, when all this started, you sucked at making pancakes but now they're somewhat edible." Bonnie reminds him before placing milk in the cart. "Milk." she checks of the list.

"Besides, what's the point of being all Mr. Pessimistic about this. We have proof that someone else is here right? So, we can get more help to get us out of here seeing as plan A isn't a working option." Clara reminds him.

Damon holds back rolling his eyes at her words, "First of all; don't nickname, that's my thing." He starts with pointing to himself.

"What about Peter Pessimist?" Bonnie taunts.

"Oh, good one." Clara replies with a short laugh.

"Stop... And this proof. This mysteriously filled in crossword, could very easily have been one of you." Damon argues.

Bonnie leans on the cart looking at Damon, "We. didn't. fill. it. in." she tells him slowly.

"No. You don't know you filled it in. Or Clara here is extra bored and messing with us. You also don't know you talk in your sleep." he says pointing to the fridge.

Clara rolls her eyes and gets the eggs. "What are you saying? That I sleep crossword?" Bonnie questions as the older girl sets the eggs in the cart.

"I'm saying that my theory makes more sense than the alternative." he answers.

Bonnie stands, "I get what you're doing." she tells him.

"What am I doing?" Damon questions the young witch.

"You refuse to have hope that you'll see Elena again so you don't have to be disappointed." Bonnie theories, as they continue their way though the store.

"I refuse to have hope because there's nothing to hope for." Damon replies, his voice a bit louder then normal but not shouting yet.

Then Bonnie suddenly stops, "Pork rinds." she says as the others stop.

Damon looks at the list that was sitting in the cart, "Not on the list and eww." he tells her.

"Did you want some?" Clara questions seeing as she never in her life see the young witch eat pork rinds.