Chapter 5

Clara sat in a forest alone, waiting for either Kai to return or for Bonnie and Damon to finally arrive. Luckily she didn't have to wait long as she see's the two walking and talking towards her. "Look, I want to go home more than anything but Kai's a sociopath, who's to say he won't screw us over?"  She could hear Bonnie say to Damon as they go closer, waving to Clara.

Clara returns to gesture, "All I say, because I will kill Kai and anyone who comes in the way of us going home."  Damon says as they stop a few feet from Clara.

Kai appears jogging up to the three, holding a pick axe. "I heard my name. All good I hope." he jokes, before grabbing the Ascendant and uses it to look at the Sun. "The eclipse will happen directly over head. In perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation." he explains before looking directly at Damon, "You need to start digging into the tunnels below us, we'll do the spell there." he says.

"Why?" Bonnie questions bluntly.

"Please don't have him explain portals again." Clara says exasperated over this whole explanation Kai gave her far to early for her liking.

Bonnie looks her way before looking to Kai again, waiting for an explanation. "Have you never portal jumped through an eclipse before?" Kai questions the two, earning silence as an answer. He takes a step towards them when Damon rolls his eyes, "Okay look, the light if the eclipse will shine down and activate the ascendent, you spout a little witchy woo and poof." Kai explains with hand gesture, "Anyone standing in the circle of light holding the Ascended goes home." Kai finished explaining.

"By 'witchy-woo', I assume you mean the spell?" Bonnie questions earning a hum of confirmation from Kai, "Let me see it." Bonnie tries to get the Ascendent from him.

Kai gives her an unamused look, "When the time comes." he replies before moving to walk past them.

"Where are you going?" Damon questions causing Kai to turn around.

"Into town, I need to... gather some important supplies." Kai vaguely explains before continuing on his way leaving the three. 

"Well looks like you should start digging." Clara says grabbing the pick ax from the ground where Kai had dropped it and hands it to Damon, who took it, throwing what he was holding to the side. He sighs before lifting up the pick axe and putting it in the ground, starting the dig process.

------

Damon was able to dig up the ground fairly quickly as the two girls sat back talking. "Hey." Bonnie says to Damon, who was in the hole that was so deep it was his height. He stops to listen to her, "You know there's a very probably chance you're digging your own grave, and... not bothered?" she questions as she looks down at him.

She didn't receive an answer form him, he just continues to dig, "Good talk." Clara comments with a look between the two.

Damon hits the ground once more revealing the tunnel underneath, "Ha!" Damon shouts out.

"Looks like I got back just in time." Kai says as he approaches the group from behind the girls, gaining all their attention as he puts down a backpack.

Damon speeds out of the holes he was in and grabs Kai's bag and begins to looks through it, "Zima, grunge, Every Alex Rodriguez rookie card known to man, and a pager. Really?" Damon says before dropping the bag. 

"5-5-5-Hi-Kai; no way am I giving those digits up." Kai says with a shrug, as the girls stand up now, watching the interaction.

"These are the important supplies you needed to get?" Damon questions confused.

Kai sighs, "Look the future sounds great, all right? I'm super excited about the internet, but 1994 has been my home for more of my life. I'd hate to get homesick. So let's get down there-" Kai tries to move forward.