Chapter 12

Getting out of the house was just what Clara needed. Cami had convinved her to get out and take Hope on a small adventure out to a Farmers Market. Currently Cami was using a payphone while Clara was looking at flowers to take home. The blonde had left her phone at home where as the brunette's phone had died.

"Hey, I left him a message if your ready to head out." Cami informs her friend as she pays for the small bundle of flowers. 

"Yeah lets go. We're gonna have a tasty dinner, aren't we Hope?" Clara says, the ending to Hope in a little baby voice earning a giggle from the baby.

"Oh, lets check that boo-boo before we go." Cami says softly to Hope seeing as she kept scratching at the band-aid. She peeled it off, seeing the blood on the band-aid but no cut in sight. "I don't know if the pediatric ward would approve of Uncle Elijah using vampire blood to heal boo-boos!"

Clara sighs at the sight, "At least she's not in pain or scratching it any more." she says as the two begin to make their way back to car.

"True." Cami replies.

_________

As Cami drives the car on to the road that leads to the house; having it come into view for the three girls the car suddenly shuts off. "Huh?" Cami tries to to start the car again but got nothing.

"Did the battery die?" Clara asks just as confused.

"Seems like it." Cami says as she tries to start it again.

Hope makes a noise gaining her mothers attention, "It's okay baby, we're almost home." Clara coos.

Then seemingly out of nowhere the house seems to explode from the inside causing the two women to jump in shock at what they just witnessed. "Oh my god." Cami whispers in shock.

Then the car starts back up again like nothing. Clara turns back around to look at Hope in shock. "I didn't even notice... Wow." She whispers mainly to herself, before turning back to Cami, "we need to go, now."

Cami nods and quickly menuvers the car to do a U-turn and speed away from the house that was no longer safe.

__________

By the time they started to get close to normal civilization, the sun had fallen. The girls were looking for either a payphone or a convinence store or anything thats open with a phone to get in contect with Nik, or anyone in New Orleans really.

Hope had begun crying, possibly because of the bumpy road. "It'll be alright sweetie. Just a little longer." Clara tries to console her, but in return got more crying.

Cami pulls over infront of an empty looking auto garage that had a payphone in front of it. The two quickly get out, Cami looking in her bag for her coin wallet and Clara quick to get Hope out to calm her down. "Got it!" Cami says before rushing over to the payphone. 

Clara follows only for Cami to trip, "Oh gosh, you okay?" she questions the blonde.

Before Cami could reply a loud metallic noise was heard and they freeze. "Whoever's out there, if you try anything, I will gouge out your eye!" Cami threats as she stands back up. The two looking around on edge.

The voice of Elijah spooks them from behind them, "Actually Camille, thats probably not necessary." The two girls turn to look at him and see the original with a torn up burnt suit but otherwise seems fine.

They quickly make their way to him, "Are you okay? What happened?" Clara was quick to ask him.

"Yeah what the hell happened back there?" Cami asks as she looks him over seeing the ash from the burnt suit on his skin.