26

When Catherine left with Wayne for their must date. The March family had planned to build a feast in return to impress Wayne once the couple returned since Catherine seemed keen on marrying the man. Plus, Mr. March, Mr. Laurence, Meg, and Mr. Brooke haven't met the man. But there were not expecting more visitors.

The sound of a carriage with horses gobbling filled the house. Everyone glanced at each other wondering who it could be and before anyone could investigate more. The loud sound of someone barging into their house and the door slammed open with a high voice, "Your favourite daughter / sibling is here!" Was no other than Amy March.

With both her hand raised and a huge grin, she gestures to her family to react since everyone was being quiet for a good minute. Imminently Beth screamed out in excitement even though her throat aching and pulled Amy into a hug which the girl gladly accepted. The rest of the family soon joined in cheers and tears for having their daughter back once more in their arms. Finally, the family is complete once more.

"Ahem!" Everyone broke their reunion to seek behind Amy, there stood Fred with his hand filled with Amy's luggage and a crossed arm Laurie had an offended look for forgetting him. This time it wasn't Beth who reacted first, it was Mr. Laurence who bawled into tears at seeing his grandchild and hastily hug him and raised him the best he could, which wasn't much

Laurie laughed at his grandfather's reaction to him being home. The group broke into two parts, one where Amy reintroduce Fred to the family, and the other half reunited with their childhood friend. Jo was one of them that welcomed Laurie back, but awkwardly. The last time they talk, wasn't the best. They stare at each other for a while before Laurie pulled her into an embrace, not one that missed her when they were young and he was in love.

This action was more of, 'I missed my friend,' which everyone notices. Laurie had grown.

While Marmee pushed everyone into the living room, seating everyone a place at their long table as they catch up with one another. Everything was sparkling and cheery, and the adults notice something only they could see. Their children grow up and are now mature, no longer the young annoying children causing trouble and seeking help. It brought them to tears seeing such.

The long chatting turned silent with a simple greeting from the house entrance, "We're home."

Laurie had halted his movement, sitting up straighter as he fidgets around with his finger. Jo and Mr. Laurence took notice of this simple reaction just from Catherine's voice. Marmee had stood up and greeted her daughter back home, guiding Catherine and Wayne into the dining room.

The soon-to-be-wedded couple froze at the door frame, seeing everyone's eyes and attention on them, but were more observant on the new guests, most especially Laurie who sat there. Wayne had reached out and gripped tightly on Catherine's bare arm, slowly turning it red when he pulls Catherine to whisper to her, "This better not be your doing. Why is he here?"

Unfortunately, since the house is small. Every of their conversation was heard by everyone. This made Mr. Laurence, Mr. March, Meg, and Mr. Brooke frown deeply as they haven't met Wayne and this was his first behavior.

Catherine was quick to read the room, particularly seeing Laurie and Jo ready to break into a fight with Wayne because, by how he was treating her, she quickly cut anything from happening. Hugging Wayne's arm for him to let go of her, she pretended to act like the obedient and loving wife, "Why don't we stay, just for a while? Please." Catherine didn't want her family to be worried, and especially not start chaos when it was the first time in a long time that everyone was gathered under one roof.

Wayne's glare had harshened but played along for now. As he could deal with it later. Glancing around, he notices that only two seats were available, but Laurie is seated in front of it between Jo and Beth. Catherine pulls Wayne to their seat not to make things tenser, giving her engaged a smile that begs him to behave.

Catherine sat between Amy and Wayne while beside Wayne was Mr. Laurence himself, much to the old man's pleasure. He had quickly grown to hate him. Looking around Catherine, he gleam at Marmee and Hannah to start a conversation to end this dying tension, which luckily they caught on to.

While everyone ate dinner, the small muttering topic was put here and there. Catherine kept quiet and focused on her plate to avoid connecting eyes with Laurie in front of her, and havoc Wayne into a rage. While Wayne and Laurie were having a heated sneering and glaring contest in the middle of the table the moment they made eyes.

This caused many questioning looks, one for why Wayne would be so annoyed and furious with Laurie, and the other was why Laurie the once composed guy was fighting back with no remorse. "Ahem!" Amy called out, hauling everyone's eyes onto her now. "I! No, we have an announcement!" Amy cheered clapping her hand like the child she was while Meg choose to tease her and lighten the mood, "Indoor voice, Ames."

"Right, sorry," Amy giggle and she gestures for Fred beside her to continue. The man stood up and fixed his coat, he looked nervous as he said, "I have asked for..." He glances at Mr. March at the head of the table, "I have asked for your daughter's ha-"

"AHHH!" / "NO WAY!" / "Let me see." / "WOW! CATHY's RIGHT!"

The March siblings being themselves had of course cut Fred's sentence from finishing. Understanding quickly what he was saying as the pool around Amy to look at the engagement ring. Catherine was the only one to use 'indoor voice,' since she knew better than to anger Wayne more with 'peasant manners,' as he like to call it.

While all that happened, others' laughed at the sister's reactions. Mr. March and Marmee shared a look. They study the nervous and fidgeting Fred that still stood, confused about what to do now as he attempts to seek help from his fiancé but Amy was too pleased with the attention on her.

Mr. March laughs at this, he sees no issue with Fred marrying his daughter, unlike Wayne. The man showed respect and adoration to Amy and never once even glanced wrong at her family or even Hannah. "I give you my permission." That simple statement made everyone turn to Mr. March, Amy swiftly rushed to hug her father and thank him multiple times while Fred followed suit and thanked him too. Hannah took this chance to gesture the March siblings back to their seats.

Wayne notice how happy Laurie was about the news regarding Amy and Fred's betrothed. He didn't like to even see him happy and an idea appeared as he found a way to destroy that a certain letter reappears in his mind.