18

Catherine stood up, pushing Wayne to follow with her angry eyes on him. Wayne rolled his eyes, giving a forced miniature smile at Marmee before he stood up and followed after Catherine who leads them upstairs to her shared room with Amy and Beth.

And yet again, Wayne has begun his judging at the small cramped room with only two beds shared by three people and one wardrobe and clothes piling in the corner beside the mirror. Windows opened as the cold breeze gave the room a smell of wood and ice coldness on the tip of their nose.

Catherine turns around at him; her glare had worsened as she could no longer hold her anger with the man. "How dare you!" Wayne let out an amused breath, it was the first time Catherine directed true anger towards him, even when she caught him in bed naked with another, she didn't even bat an eye.

"Excuse me?" Wayne wanted to taunt this version of Catherine. The way her nose flared and her hands flaunted her anger was entertaining to him. "Is that how you treat my mother?! My family!" Wayne ignores her outburst as he strolls around the room with Catherine trailing behind in anger, he scans the open wardrobe at the out fashion dresses and pants.

"It is if there live in such condition," Wayne spoke in repulsion as he gestured to the cramped room. Catherine let out a gasp, how dare this man speak about her family in such a way. "Oh come on, darling. Look around you. Don't tell me you call this a home?"

Wayne picked up a piece of dirtied cloth and then threw it to his side, brushing the bed clean before he took a seat there. In front of Catherine who is trying to hold in her resentment, his sneer at her was making it troublesome. "No man with money will step in here." It was silent between the two. Wayne found all this humorous until Catherine spoke the name he loath.

"Laurie did."

Wayne snaps his glare at her, his tongue pushing the inside of his cheek before he scoffs out but Catherine didn't stop, "Mr Lawrence furthermore." Catherine stood strong, her eyes showing that he wasn't going to win this argument as he would, "In fact, they slept here too. Laurie particularly loves that bedstead you're seating on."

It wasn't true, Laurie did sleep in the March's house but only in the living room. Catharine merely wanted to mess with Wayne. And Wayne was smart to know that the room there were in belonged to her, which causes his mind to feral with the imagination of Laurie and Catherine in this room.

It certainly did wrath him a lot.

Standing abruptly on his feet, so close to Catherine that their nose was almost touching. It was Catherine this time that copied his sneer while his expression burst into the angriest he has ever been. "Are you telling me that you would do such a horrible sin before marriage? With a boy like him!"

Wayne had spat at her, his voice raising an octave that he didn't care if someone overheard their argument. In a moment like this, Catherine would be scared and back down since Wayne is a man that could become physical if enraged. But, today. She wasn't going to become that innocent naïve girl. "Does it bother you that your wife isn't a virgin, dear Wayne?"

He let out a growl, warning Catherine to be careful with her choice of words. It was bothering Wayne completely that she wasn't answering his question, instead, taunting him more with horrible images he didn't want. "Answer. Me."

"I won't answer to a man that does these sins every night to different women." Catherine spat back to the counter with facts of his horrible action. They both stood in silence, glaring and scowling at each other. No words were spoken. The tension in the room was so ticked and scarred even.

"If you won't behave, I suggest you leave," Catherine spoke with such authority, and command that shows that she didn't want Wayne any longer in the house. Wayne didn't break eye contact with her for a few more seconds, not even moving an inch but he knew he too didn't want to be here.

"When I get back tomorrow. You will be the devoted, gentle, obedient wife," Wayne stood up still, his rage now in control as he took back the dominance, "Or I shall ban you from ever returning home once we are wedded." Now those words did alarm, Catherine. She had been hoping that if she followed Aunt March's wishes to be weeded to Wayne, she would be able to return home and bring pride and joy to her family by marrying someone with wealth to carry them on.

Wayne grinned seeing that it affected Catherine, but his anger was still there at the images of Laurie and Catherine being anything or doing much in this room. With big steps and stomps at his feet, Wayne burst the door open to leave but froze when there before him stood two women. Catherine turns to look too, her scared face worsens seeing Jo and Beth there. They must have overheard their agreement.

The two sisters before him had a different reactions, Jo detained such hatred and despise at the male while Beth was concerned and petrified for her sister. Such a worse first impression, but it didn't bother Wayne as much as it did Catherine. He pushed his way between March's sister as Beth flinches, with no ounce of care as he left the house.

There was this awkward stillness between the three siblings. Catherine couldn't bring herself to look up at her sister in embarrassment even when Beth had cautiously called out for her. Jo, in its place, choose to be blunt and asked, "You been dealing with such man and feed lies to the letters you sent about how compassionate of a husband he is."

Catherine took a big gulp as she let out a sigh but Jo didn't stop, "You're going to marry him?" Catherine turns around, finally. Facing her two sisters but what Jo and Beth expected was a look of help so pure sadness however, Catherine had to perkiest smile yet as if she wasn't broken down in fear before. Running off to her sister as she pulls Jo and Beth into a squeeze.

"Oh, I miss you both dearly! How have you been?! Jo is your writing doing splendidly? I haven't heard from you in a while, you never reply to my letters! Oh, Beth look at you! You have grown so beautiful! How are you feeling-" Catherine rambles to overlook the serious situation. Jo and Beth glance at each other in concern.