Be myself

Genre: crack/fluff

TW: mischief, post-surgery scars

Characters: Grian, Mumbo, Scar, rest of the hermits

====================================

I don't hide many things from the rest of my friends. Sure, maybe a few times I stole and didn't tell anyone, that counts. But aside from that I'm outgoing and talkative, my closest friends know everything about me. Almost everything.

The thing that they don't know is that, I, Grian, am transgender. More specifically, I'm female to male and had a full transition process.

That also means I have scars on my chest. I usually hide them and I'm pretty cautious about showing them.

Though lately I've came to a conclusion: if I'm scared to show myself, what was the point of the top surgery? And upon that, I decided to make my coming out into a game of sorts.

First thing, stop being afraid to show those scars! I started wearing more baggy clothing under my sweater, and because summer was coming along, it made sense I had to take the red iconic sweater off to not overheat.

One day me and Mumbo were working on some farms, he was doing the redstone, I was in charge of the looks.

The day only got warmer and thus we had to take a break. We walked to a shadow away from the build, both taking out snacks from our bags. Mumbo started eating some watermelon and took a few sips of water from a bottle. I, on the other hand, took off my sweater. The inevitable happened and my shirt lifted up along with the sweater.

"Grian," I heard the other say, concern lacing his voice; he saw the post-surgery scars. "What are those on your chest? Are you okay? Does it hurt?"

Now it's time for the fun part. Lies.

I've prepared a few fake stories to cover up and mess with my friends. Each story is diffrent but has great detail. Every person will hear a diffrent story, it will be amazing!

"Oh, you mean those? They're a few months old, I got messed up by a mob pretty badly while grinding for resources. I luckily managed to find shelter in a cave that was oddly between two exact same looking trees. It only hurt for like a week, don't worry," oh sweet lies. I got the surgery five years ago and it took me a month to fully recover.

"Oh, I'm glad you're okay then," Mumbo said and went back to eating, me joining him soon after I tied the red sweater around my waist.

Another story was with Scar, this one way more chaotic.

I can't remember what even were we doing, a prank, an experiment, no clue, all I know is that it ended up with my shirt lit up on fire. I quickly took it off and stomped on it until the fire was out.

That's when Scar noticed my chest and I watched as his expression slowly changed into a suprised one, a hint of worry in his eyes.

"Hey Grian, what are those scars on the middle of your chest?" Time for more mischief.

"Them? Don't worry about it, I got them as a child. I was playing with a few of my friends and one of them got a hang of something pointy, then slashed it around for fun and hit me. I still remember the ambulance ride..." "I'm sorry to hear that, I'm glad you're alright after that," he gave me a smile that I returned. I picked up the shirt from the ground and put it in my bag. I then put on my sweater, still feeling wierd without any type of shirt on.

That went on for a week or two until everyone noticed and confronted me about the lies. I just shrugged it off saying "I can't remember how it got there so I decided to mess with you all," and walked away.

A few days passed and it got really hot outside. I really didn't have a plan for a coming out. I didn't think it through that well. Up untill one steaming hot day when X decided to throw a beach party, every hermit invited. That's when a plan started blooming in my mind.

I got there in swimsuit shorts and a t-shirt with a bag of necesities that also contained a little suprise: a trans flag.

I got the shirt off and started playing like everyone else, in the water splashing or playing volleyball, waiting for the right moment.

After about two or three hours most people were exhausted and everyone was chilling on the sand. I already put my t-shirt back on and put the trans flag into my pocket. It was the perfect time.

I shook off the anxiety rising in me and said: "guys! Everyone! I wanna say something to you allll!" As everyone came closer I got really nervous.

"Okay, I can do this," I whispered go myself with a deep breath. "So, uh, I kinda lied to you guys about something..."

"You kinda lie a lot for your pranks," Iskall said and most of the people snorted or at least smiled, including me.

"Okay, well, do you know how I told you all about the scars on my chest, how I don't remember where they are from?"

"Yeah, you had us all confused," Pearl said and Mumbo added, "do you remember where they are from now?"

"Yeah," I replied, nervous. "They are from a surgery I had like five years ago..."

This time Xisuma spoke up, "what surgery are we taking about? Some heart issues or...?"

"It was... A top surgery." I said, a small boost of confidence as I took out the flag from my pocket. "I'm trans," I wrapped the blue-pink-white flag around myself like a cape.

The silence was deafening as everyone took it in.

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me as Xisuma hugged me.

"It's alright Grian, we support you," he said, the crowd filling with words and yells of agreement.

I could never feel happier than I felt at that moment.

I could finally be myself.

====================================

Blooper/crack time

I felt really, really tempted to instead of that ending write just: " I whipped out the trans flag and shoved into their faces as I said, "you thought it was battle scars but no, IT WAS I, THE TRANS!"

Dadzuma crack everybody!

X: wait, so like, technically I am everyones dad on this server.

G: mhm..

X: so I'm also your dad and your trans..

G: please don't

X: SO I AM (a) TRANS-PARENT

G: NOOOO

Remember, no matter what you identify as, you're valid in my eyes and have full support! 🏳️‍🌈 🏳️‍⚧️ ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜