His sacrifice above all (1/3)

Genre: angst 💃🕺💃🕺

TW: death, explosives, panic attack

Characters: Grian, Tango, Xisuma, others with a brief mention of Evil X

====================================

The hermits were in a state of panic. They were desperately trying to escape the meeting building, every single second precious. The bombs put in the walls by Evil Xisuma known as Xanthus were bound to blow up in about three minutes.

Grian helped Xisuma escort everyone out, calmed down people who fell into a state of panic, safely leading them out of the building and to a safe distance.

Most of the people were out, but Grian noticed a very distressed Tango sitting on the floor against a wall, his breath all too fast, eyes unfocused and tears spilling from his eyes. The avian imidietly approached him, carefully.

"Hey buddy, do you hear me? Can you look at me?" The blaze hybrid's gaze turned from absent to looking straight at the man in front of him. "Can I touch you?" A nod.

Grian took the other's hand and placed it on his chest. "Can you feel my heartbeat?" Another nod. "Okay, now follow my breathing... In, out... In, out... In, out..."

The method seemed to work as Tango slowly calmed down, enough to get up and leave with Grian and leap into Zed's and Impulse's arms. Of course the avian went back to the building, searching for other potential people who might've been left behind.

"GRIAN YOU GOT TEN SECONDS GET OUT!" He heard a yell from the entrance. The blonde jumped and started walking faster and sliding down the stairs, tripping a few times. He saw everyone was safe except himself and Xisuma, the admin waiting for him. The clock had a speaker that turned on during the last minute countdown and now got louder.

Five

Four

Grian leapt into Xisuma's direction.

Three

He pushed the admin out of the building.

Two

One

💥

BOOM

💥

"GRIAN NO!"