When he found them (2/2)

Genre: hurt/comfort

TW: mentions of death and going missing

Characters: Scar, Grian, others

This was the main core of my idea those four months ago goddamnit I finally wrote it

Song used: For The Dancing And The Dreaming from How To Train Your Dragon 2

====================================

It's been a full year since Grian was deemed missing. The memorial was regularly visited and today, as a year's anniversary, all hermits gathered to mourn the loss of their friend.

Grian on the other hand, after getting some sleep, followed the dog to Pearl's base. He then searched as there was no one to be seen.

"...we will always remember him in our hearts. It's been a full year since he's been gone, it's true, but the memories and happy moments we had with our beloved pesky bird will never be forgotten." Grian stared in suprise as the admin said that. Full year?! He continued to stare, the pained expression on everyone's faces jabbed at his heart.

There was a song that Scar sang every day since the loss of his love. It was the song from their wedding, very happy in contrary to the anguish he felt.

He now stood above Grian's memorial stone with a bouquet of lilies, poppies and forget-me-nots. He gently placed it before the marble statue, before taking in a breath and once again singing the song that was well known by now.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas,
with ne'er fear of drowning...
And gladly ride the waves of life,
If you will marry me..."

A deep breath.

"No scorching sun, no freezing cold
Will stop me on my journey..
If you will promise me... Your heart...
And love..."

Unable to contain himself, he let out a sob.

"And love me for eternity..."

Everyone looked at the direction of a broken but oh so well known voice.

Meanwhile Grian walked up to his crying love and took Scar's hand's in his scratched ones.

"My dearest one, my darling dear,
Your mighty words astound me.
But I don't need of mighty deeds when I feel your arms around me!"

The two started to dance, jumping around and finally having fun together after such a long time. Scar continued the song:

"But I would bring you rings of gold, I'd even sing you poetry,
And I would keep you from all harm, if you would stay beside me!"

"I have no use for rings of gold, I care not for your poetry,
I only want your hand to hold,"

They started singing in unison.

"I only want you near me!
To love, to kiss, to sweetly hold, for the dancing and the dreaming!
Through all life's sorrows and delights I'll keep your love beside me!
I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er fear of drowning,
And gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me!"

The two fell into eachother's embrace, their laughed soon overtaken by tears of joy.

"My love... Where have you been...?" Scar asked, his voice hoarse, just above a whisper.

"Far and beyond, lost in the deepest woods..." The other answered. Then their lips met and finally, finally the world was complete.

Grian was soon attacked by hugs from others, everyone glad to see him pretty much okay. He did "look like a badass" (Bdubs' words) and was asked way too many questions about his adventures.

He promised everyone to answer them, but first he went to wash himself and to pick out new, fresh clothes. But, as the sun was setting by then, he decided to go to sleep. It was interrupted by a thought. He got up and spread his wings, taking off into the dead of night to a specific location.

He stopped right before Scar's base's entrance. He didn't even knock, letting himself in and going for the brunette's bedroom.

There he saw the man laying in bed, distressed and trying to sleep. Grian quickly walked towards the bed, laying down, cuddling to Scar's side. The taller jolted in suprise, then calming down quickly as he wrapped one of his arms around the blonde.

They fell asleep, hopeful for a better tommorow.