The Massacre at Hawkins Lab, Part 4

3rd Person's POV

Nancy opened the door to her house, only it wasn't really her own.

Steve entered behind her, flashlight in hand, with everyone following his lead.

Valerie stuck to Robin's side, firmly gripping her hand to make sure she doesn't abandon her like last time.

After the incident, or rather accident, she and Eddie silently caught up to the others. Enough was said already.

She felt Eddie's eyes on her from time to time, with a look what would no doubt be triumphant. She didn't see it but she could tell.

She felt like she had a hangover, she was almost light-headed. It was pathetic.

"Come on, I don't want to stay here any longer than we have to." Nancy said, snapping Valerie from her thoughts.

Valerie dragged Robin up the stairs with her, following Nancy.

They entered Nancy's room and she opened a box, setting it on the table.

Eddie peered over Valerie's shoulder to get a good look, "Those aren't guns."

Robin peered over her other shoulder, "I mean these heels are a bit pointy, but I was hoping for a deadly projectile."

Valerie lightly elbowed him to his stomach, such close proximity between them always ended in trouble.

"Ow.." He mumbled.

"I don't understand." Nancy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Maybe you kept them somewhere else?" Eddie said.

"There's a six year old in the house, I know where I keep my guns." She glared at him.

"Didn't you throw these out years ago?" Valerie asked, she remembered wearing the pair and tripping over her feet in middle school.

Nancy then picked up a stack of flashcards and looked through them.

"I get that grades are important to you but-"

"These are from sophomore chemistry." Nancy cut Robin off, and then pointed at the wall, "And this wallpaper... this is old wallpaper. And this mirror went to a ward sale."

Valerie finally let go of Robin to pick up a sweater from Nancy's bed, "I stole this sweater and never gave it back."

Nancy picked up her diary from her bedside table and flicked through the pages, "I think the reason that my guns aren't here is because they don't exist yet."

"They don't... exist?"

"This diary should be full of entries. It's not. The last entry is November 6, 1983. The day Will went missing."

"The day the gate opened. Great, we're in the past." Valerie threw her arms up.

Suddenly she could hear Steve screaming.

"Dustin! Dustin!-"

Valerie was running before she knew it, down the stairs and in front of Steve. Only to find him spinning in circles shouting at no one in particular.

"Maybe... maybe he really does have rabies." Robin whispered to them.

Valerie walked up to him and hit him in the head, "What are you doing, you idiot? You scared me."

"He's here. Henderson. That little shit. He's like- he's in the walls or something. Just listen." He panted out.

When everyone heard nothing but silence Steve started yelling Dustin's name again.