The Monster and the Superhero, Part 1

3rd Person's POV

"Josh? I wanted to keep loving you so bad."

Valerie stirred slightly, as she regained her consciousness. She didn't risk opening her eyes though. Because what if she did and she was back there, having to go through it again?

The feeling of wood underneath her back soon told her otherwise. As her senses slowly returned to her she could tell her back would definitely be sore.

Now knowing where she was she slowly opened her eyes. She couldn't see shit.

That's because her whole face was covered with hair. Lots and lots of it.

She shoved it off of her face and shot up to see Eddie laid back, with that damn smile on his face, just looking at her.

"Morning Valerie." He grinned.

"How long have you been staring at me for, you creep?" Valerie glared.

He didn't waver, still awaiting his answer.

Valerie knew he wouldn't answer, but then she wouldn't either.

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"I was enjoying my view." He shrugged.

"What view? There was no view to see because your fucking hair was in my face." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"She's just jealous you have better hair than her." He mumbled, quite loudly actually.

She lunged forward and leaned over him to jab a finger into his chest, "You take that back."

"What do you want me to say?" He smiles, not bothered in the slightest.

"I don't know just take it back."

"You're pretty Val, and so is your hair."

Valerie blinks in frustration and backs away from him, "It's somehow always a lose-lose situation with you." She subconsciously tucks her short hair behind her ears, "And stop calling me Val dipshit."

"I'm surprised you don't like me already, I thought we became friends again?"

"We were never friends-"

The sound of a car outside quickly rendered them silent. Eddie jumped up and grabbed Valerie's hand, running over to the window.

They peered outside trying to find a source, but there really wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

The door to their left suddenly opened with a bang.

"Jesus.." Eddie screamed out.

Valerie rolled her eyes and pulled the hand away that was still in his grasp.

It was Dustin, Max, Robin and Steve holding up a bunch of bags.

"Delivery service." Dustin grinned at them.

Steve wiggles his fingers as a wave.

Valerie snatches the bag out of Dustin's hand and sits down in the boat to eat, Eddie does too. They take out a box of cereal and start shoving it into their faces.

After noticing Steve and Robin's stares on her she replies with a mouthful of honeycomb, "We difn't hafe dinner lasht night."

"Anyways, we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin says.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie says, taking a chug out of his drink.

Valerie nods.

"All right. Bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max added.

Eddie seemed to have stopped eating by that point.

"Okay, tell us something that we don't already know." Valerie says.

"The good news is Eddie's name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do too, and once that gets out everyone and their shallow-minded mother is going to be gunning for you." Robin says.

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie said, sounding quite bitter.

"Exactly." Robin nods.

"Shit." Eddie mumbles.

"So before that happens we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin said with the utmost optimism.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie narrows his eyes at him.

"Yeah, that's pretty much it." He shrugs.

Valerie snorted, but stopped once everybody gave her a look, "I'm sorry."

Robin sighs, "Listen Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a.. a few times and I have once. Mine was more human-flesh-based, theirs were more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this."

"See, we usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But, uh those went bye-bye so..." Steve trailed off.

"So we're technically in more of the..."

"Brainstorming phase." Max completed it for Robin.

Eddie still looked unconvinced, not that they did a great job of convincing him in the first place.

"There... There's nothing to worry about." Dustin splutters.

Valerie scoffs.

Eddie tilts his head and gives her a look.

The sirens of a police car gathers all of their attention.

"Shit." Steve mutters.

"Tarp." Valerie orders.

Eddie quickly lies down in the boat as she covers him with it.

They walk over to the window to see multiple police cars and an ambulance driving by.

"What do you think happened?" Eddie asks as he got out, realizing the police weren't here for him.

"Another murder." Valerie answered.

"Well we can't be too sure, but we do need to go check it out." Steve said.

"I'm coming too." Eddie said.

"No way!"

"Absolutely not."

"Are you dumb?"

"No you're not."

"Okay, I was there during Chrissy's murder, not you guys. I saw it all happen. If somebody else did die, I need to see it. Maybe I can help." Eddie said.

"That's all great, but you realize what happens if the police find you near another crime scene right?" Steve says.

Eddie sighs, "I'm willing to take that risk, I mean if they already think it's me how much worse could it get?"

"Just stay away from me will you? I don't want to be charged with accessory to murder." Valerie says, opening the door to the shed.

Once Eddie pokes his head out of the door and takes a look aroud to see there's no one nearby, he jogs up to Valerie, "We could be the Bonnie and Clyde of Hawkins."

"Partners in crime?"

Eddie nods excitedly.

"No." Valerie opened the trunk of the car, "Get in, Munson."

[A/N: Okay I know I haven't updated in a couple days, I've just been very busy I'm sorry🚶‍♀️]