The Nina Project, Part 1

3rd Person's POV

Valerie couldn't remember the last time she slept that well, maybe it was the weed. It was definitely the weed. Not the fact that she woke up wrapped around the local freak.

Her eyelashes fluttered open only to see tattoos, the same ones she saw last night. It hadn't registered in her newly awaken brain yet, so she inched her face upwards to find Eddie sleeping peacefully.

His very naked chest, on which her hand somehow ended up throughout the night, heaved up and down slowly. His lips were parted slightly and for a second Valerie didn't get how people could think he committed murder.

It was almost as if the second after, all her senses came back to her all at once.

She yanked her hands back as if they had been lit on fire, and backed away until there was a loud thump on the floor.

There she was, lying flat on her ass.

She could hear shuffling. A pair of sleepy eyes appeared over the edge of the bed, "Did you just... fall Henderson?"

So that's what his morning voice sounded like.Valerie liked it too much for her liking.

Valerie groaned, shielding her eyes with her arm, lying on the floor, defeated.

"Are you waiting to be picked up or something? Because I can-"

"Shut up." She reluctantly got up, making Eddie chuckle.

She ran a hand through her hair, "God do I need to take a shower."

"There's a lake outside."

"Does your friend Rick not have a bathroom?"

"He does, but there's a lake."

"So?"

"We could go skinny dipping?"

"I think I've already seen plenty."

Valerie quickly exited the room and found a towel she could only hope was clean.

She stepped into the bathroom, stripped all of her clothes off and turned the shower on. The slight burn of the hot water felt heavenly on her skin. It had been a tiring couple of days, and she didn't know the next time she would get some time to herself.

With her, once she got into the shower there was no leaving. So she did spend a good 30 minutes inside before she remembered she was still in a drug dealer's house.

She pats herself dry with the towel before putting on her clothes again and stepping out.

"You really like to take your sweet time don't you, because I have been waiting for ages-"

"Why have you been waiting for my shower to end you creep?"

"Because it's my turn?"

"Whatever." Valerie threw the wet towel at his face.

It slid down his face as he catched it, only to reveal Eddie grinning, "Thanks for the towel."

Valerie shook her head and walked away, "I cannot figure you out..."

She picked up their walkie-talkie and tried to contact Dustin. She rolled her eyes when he didn't respond, if Eddie were to call him he would probably come running.

She gave up and headed towards the kitchen. She started going through all the drawers and shelves, now on the hunt for food.

Rick definitely had questionable taste.

She finally stumbled upon a few cans of spaghettiOs, "This'll do."

She grabbed a can and was about to close the cupboard but stopped in her tracks. She glared at another can for a few moments before cursing at it and pulling it out too.

She took a pan, washed it, put it on the stove and poured the spaghettiOs in it.

"She's got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories-"

Finally being alone, she could feel herself letting loose.

"where everything was as fresh as the bright blue sky."

She was subconciously swaying to her own mediocre voice.

"Now and then when I see her face, she takes me away to that special place-"

She turned the stove off and was just about to turn around to fetch a spoon.

"and if I stared too long I'd probably break down and AHH-"

It was almost as if her brain stopped working altogether and was also running a hundred miles per second.

You'd think seeing him naked again wouldn't faze her anymore. You'd be wrong.

This time the bastard has the audacity to wear nothing but a towel. He was leaning against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest, a smirk on that annoying face of his.

His usually lively curls clung to the sides of his face, droplets of water dripped from them and down his body.

So Valerie did the only thing that seemed logical to her, she chucked the sauce covered spoon at Eddie's face.

Eddie dodged it easily, actually starting to crack up now.

"How... long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough Henderson, damn."

"Oh my god it's like the talent show all over again." Valerie put her head in her hands.

"It is isn't it?"

"Is this amusing to you Munson?" Valerie grit out.

"I actually think it might be the best thing to ever happen to me-"

"You will pick that spoon up, you will stop smiling and you will go put your damn clothes on."

Valerie's face was flushed red. Whether it was from her little outburst or it was her blushing, she didn't know.

Eddie could tell it was both, so he put his arms up in surrender, "Yes Ma'am."

Eddie picked the spoon up and bolted out of the room, because he just didn't seem to be able to stop smiling everytime he looked at Valerie.

Valerie sighed and picked two spoons up, taking the whole pan with her to go slump on the couch.

She started digging into it, she hadn't had it in a while.

Eddie came back with his ripped jeans and hellfire club t-shirt on.

"I, uh, made you some breakfast." Valerie muttered.

Eddie plopped down on the couch next to her, "What?"

"Want spaghettiOs?" She spoke with a mouthful of some herself.

"Did you poison this?" Eddie frowned as he took the pan from Valerie, but shoved it into his mouth after one look from her.

"Cool song by the way, good taste. I'm proud of ya." He patted her on the back.

"Thanks Eddie." She absentmindedly smiled, still digging through the pasta.

Eddie gasped and snapped his fingers, "You called me Eddie." His face however quickly morphed into a frown, "You called me Eddie." He narrowed his eyes.

"Uh huh." Valerie nodded, amused at his reaction.

"Oh no, don't smile like that."

"Like what?"

"Like that."

"Why?"

"It's freaking me out because I don't know what it means."

"Good."

There were sirens going off inside Eddie's brain, "Cool. She's smiling, that's... totally normal."

[A/N: First of all, v sorry for the late update I've just been very busy. Secondly, I know sweet child o' mine comes out the year after this season takes place but it's ok because it's my book and I say it's ok.

Most Importantly, I cannot believe I hit 1k reads with just 10 chapters, so thanks to every one of u. U make my day and ily<3]