The Monster and the Superhero, Part 2

3rd Person's POV

They were glad to have found none other than Nancy Wheeler at the crime scene, that way they wouldn't have to interact with the police. They sat down at a table with Nancy leaving Eddie all alone in the trunk, hoping to God he wouldn't get caught.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside down?" Nancy asks.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse? Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin shrugs.

"All we know is that this is something different." Max says, "Something new."

"Doesn't make sense." Nancy shakes her head.

"It's only a theory." Valerie says.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?"

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place?" Dustin suggests, "They were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park." Max frowns.

"We're at the trailer park..." Steve croaks out, "Uh, should we maybe not be here?"

"There is something about this place. Fred started acting weird the second we got here."

"Acting weird as in?"

"Scared, on edge, upset?"

"Max said Chrissy was upset too." Dustin says.

"Yeah but not here, she was crying at the bathroom in school."

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike right?" Valerie raises her eyebrows, "So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw Vecna before?"

"I don't know about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve says.

"Maybe they did. I saw Chrissy leaving Ms.Kelley's office. If you saw a monster, you... you wouldn't go to the police. They'd never believe you. But you might go to your shrink." Max says.

Everyone nodded and stood up, it was time to visit Ms.Kelley's.

When they reached the car however Steve noticed Nancy going the other direction, "Whoa, whoa, Nance? Nance! Where you going?"

Nancy turned to look at him, "Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first."

"Something you maybe wanna share with the rest of us?" Valerie says.

"I don't wanna waste your time. It's a real shot in the dark." Nancy looks at the ground.

"Yeah, okay. Are you out of your mind?" Steve glares at her, "Flying solo with Vecna on the loose? No it's too dangerous. You need.. you need someone to..."

He throws the keys to Valerie, "Here, I'll stick with Nance. You guys take the car, check out the shrink."

Valerie passes Robin a look.

Robin gives her a small smirk, "How about we ladies stick together." She walks over to Nancy, "Unless you think we need you to protect us."

Steve gives her a tight smile, knowing he lost.

Robin grins and walks away.

"Be careful!" Steve yells after them.

"Just gonna stand there and gawk?" Dustin and Valerie laughed at him.

"Shut up." Steve groans.

They get in the car, with Steve as the driver and Valerie beside him.

"Always the babysitter. Always the goddamn babysitter!" Steve yells.