The Hellfire Club, Part 2

3rd Person's POV

It was the night of the championship game.

Valerie sat next to Steve, thirdwheeling to him and whatever blonde girl he decided to bring. Must be the infamous Heidi.

"Everyone now please rise for our national anthem. Singing for us tonight, we have a very special guest. All the way from Nashville, our very own Tammy Thompson!"

The crowd starts cheering as muppet girl herself walks in, Valerie and Steve stared at eachother with their mouths agape.

"O say can you see-"

The microphone makes a horrible screeching sound, which makes an irritated Valerie put a hand up to her ear.

"By the dawn's early light-"

Both of them look to Robin and mouth 'muppet' at the same time. She doesn't seem to disagree.

"And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air-"

"Wow. She sounds amazing, doesn't she?"

Steve stared at Heidi and then at Valerie. He didn't have to say anything, his face said it all. He was mortified and he knew he fucked up.

"You know what? I'd rather be at a children's Satanic cult than here. Good luck on your date, Harrington." Valerie passed him a sickly sweet smile as she got up.

Steve grabbed her hand as a silent act of begging her not to leave him alone. Not with Heidi.

"For the record, you and Robin both have terrible taste in women." She whispered before she up and left.

She climbed down the seats and made a exit through one of the gates.

The quiet, dimly lit hallways of Hawkins high were a contrast to the deafening room she just got out of.

It was then that she realized she had no idea where to go, she didn't even know where they were playing. But luck was on her side tonight, since she heard a couple of footsteps coming from another hallway. She decided to go after it, as one does.

Upon turning the corner she saw the backs of Dustin, Mike and Erica with an American flag draped around her body?

"Hey guys, wait for me!" She jogs up to them.

They stop and turn at the sound of her voice.

"Val?"

"Hey, Mike." Valerie ruffles his hair, just like she used to do when he was seven.

"I'm not a child anymore, Val." Mike swats her hand away, although his cheeks were tinted pink.

Valerie grins, "You kids can grow up all you want, you'll always be dumb children to me."

"What do you want, Val? We're kind of running late." Dustin says in a rushed tone.

"I've changed my mind. I wanna play. Also, why are you wearing a flag Erica?"

"Because there's no America without Erica?" She looked at Valerie as if she was some peasant.

Valerie didn't know what that had to do with anything.

"Right, I know better than to question you."

It seemed that Erica was content with her reply, since she turned around and began walking again. The other three followed.

"Listen Erica's already filled in for you, we don't really need any more players, besides- you don't even know how to play D&D, I just don't think Eddie's gonna want you there." Dustin tried to reason with her.