Vecna's Curse, Part 3

3rd Person's POV

"I think we should head home now. It's already pretty late and it'll take a while-" Robin lets out a yawn, "to drive back."

"Yeah, we'll come back and figure something out tomorrow." Steve says.

"Okay, but I think we can all agree that it's not safe for Eddie to come out of hiding before we know what's going on with the police." Dustin says.

"Dustin they found a dead body in his trailer and he has disappeared, he's obviously their main suspect." Valerie says.

"All the more reason for him to stay here." Dustin pauses, "But, I think someone should stay with him."

"I think he's old enough to take care of himself."

"He'll get lonely." Dustin sticks his bottom lip out at his sister.

"Do I get a say in this?" Eddie asks.

"No." Both Hendersons speak in unison.

Eddie puts his hands up in surrender.

"Well me and Robin have to be at the store in the morning." Steve shrugs.

"And I'm... just.. yeah no. That would be weird." Max mutters.

"Okay it's decided. Valerie's staying."

"No I'm not." Valerie glares at Dustin.

"Yes you are, you were mean to him earlier."

"When was I ever mean to him?"

"When you told him you would rip his hair out."

"Maybe you should stop bringing weird hairy men into our lives then." Valerie points her finger at him.

"You're the one who brought Steve into my life, not the other way around."

"Well you brought Munson into mine." Valerie huffs, "Why are you so protective over him anyways?"

That definitely got Steve's attention.

"Yeah, why Henderson?" Steve puts his hands on his hips.

"Stop acting jealous Steve, this isn't about you." Dustin holds a hand up to him.

"I'm not jealous!"

"You're acting as if I'm cheating on you-"

"Okay stop the bickering, I'll stay."

"Now that that's settled, it's been a while since I've had some actual food. It'd be great if you could bring me some." Eddie raises his eyebrows at Dustin.

"Sure, bud." Dustin flashes his teeth at him.

He's so whipped, Valerie thinks.

They left after saying their goodbyes, leaving Valerie alone with Munson. Great.

She slowly turned around to face him, leaning against the cold metal of the door.

There he was, waiting with that stupidly wide smile on his face.

"So, uh, what's the sleeping situation?"

"We got this boat." He said as he plopped down in it.

"And?"

"That's about it. Unless you wanna sleep
on the dirty ass floor."

She walked over to the boat and sat down next to him, "Kind of leaning towards the second option."

Eddie laid down, with his feet dangling off the edge, "This isn't the first time we've hung out you know."

"I remember seeing you two days ago."

"I'm not talking about D&D, you idiot." Eddie chuckled.

"Then what?" Valerie turned her neck to look at him, genuinely curious now.

"You really don't remember me?" Eddie scoffed, that smile never leaving his face, and put a hand over his heart.

"Uh, no. Maybe for good reason." Valerie tilted her head.

"Middle school talent show. You were doing that cute little dance," He suddenly sat up, trying to imitate a baby Valerie, "that was until you fell on your face and started cryi-"

"Fuck you." Valerie buried her head in her hands, "Oh my god why do you remember that."

Eddie laughs, "I was with my band-"

"Corroded Coffin!" Valerie snapped her head up to look at him.

Eddie leapt up from the boat and punched the air, "Corroded coffin, yes, you do remember."

"With a name like that how could I forget. Wait, you looked so-"

"Different? Yeah well, uh, my hair was buzzed and I didn't have these sweet old tats." He grabbed the neck of his shirt and lowered it, Valerie could see the black ink peeking out from underneath.

"Buzzed hair? Wait-" Valerie gasped, "you were that annoying kid who would not leave me alone. You followed me around the entire day, even when I was hysterically crying after I got off the stage."

"That was me." Eddie gave her a curtsy.

"You used to play guitar didn't you?"

"Uh huh, still do. Still do. I could play for you someday."

Valerie stared at him for a bit, "You know you're not what I thought you'd be like."

"You think about me?" Eddie covered the lower half of his face with his curly locks, pretending to be shy.

Valerie rolled her eyes.

"What, mean and scary?" Eddie smiled.

"Not scary no, more like a douchebag."

"But you are though."

"You think I'm mean and scary?" Valerie grinned at him, for the first time that night. Or ever really.

"Mhm, and I happen to like it Val."

"Don't ruin this for me, Munson." Valerie groaned, "And don't call me Val.

Eddie crouched down in front of her, with her sitting on the boat it brought them both on the same level.

A smile slowly grew on his face, the sides of his eyes crinkled, "Val."

"Shut up."

"Now why on Earth would I do that?"

"Because only people I like call me that." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'll just have to make you like me then."

Valerie opened her mouth, suddenly at a loss of words. Damn Eddie Munson and his ability to make her flustered.

With a sly grin on his face Eddie picked up the tarp that had been lying on the ground all this while, and dusted it off.

"I don't know about you, but I'm tired as fuck." Eddie said as he slipped in next to Valerie, laying down.

Valerie did as well, and pulled the tarp over them both.

"You know it's nice being friends with you again." Eddie turned his neck to look at her.

"We aren't friends." Valerie turned her head as well.

"Now don't you lie to yourself, Henderson." Eddie grinned.

She groaned and turned her whole body to face away from him, making him laugh.

"Night, Valerie." He whispered.

"I said goodnight Valerie."

"Night, Munson."

[A/N: Here with your daily dosage of Eddie and Valerie<3]