Chapter 8: Date..?

Oh. My. God. I honestly cannot believe this story has over 29,000 reads. THAT IS UNBELIEVEABLE! I honestly have no idea how so many people like this story and read it, I haven't updated in like, forever, and it's not even that good! BUT STILL I LOVE YOU ALL FOR IT!

Yet again I am so so grateful that you're reading this, and please, please vote and comment on what your favourite parts/ships are and please feel free to share with your friends! <3

LOVE. YOU. <3

-nathans0

-----

Nathan's new trainers squeaked against the kitchen tiles as we stepped away from the rest of the boys. "I...I was thinking..." He mumbled and shuffled his feet around.

"Yes?" I asked, wondering what on earth he was going on about.

"Would you...could...would you join me for dinner tonight?" He asked without making eye contact with me.

I honestly didn't know what to say. "Like...as a date?"

I felt my heart race as he looked up from underneath his cap. Our eyes met and by the plain fact that his pupils were slowly dilating, I took that as a yes. I couldn't help but smile as I noticed his cheeks flushing a light pink shade. I couldn't believe that he...liked me that way.

We were silent for a few seconds. "Dress up nice, okay?" He grinned.

"Sure..." I shot a grin back.

"Is it okay if I meet you there? The boys and I have to do some studio work before...so..."

"Yeah...that's fine." I leant forwards and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

"See you at 8? You know the restaurant I mean, right? The one like 5 minutes away?" He asked with his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah...sure, yeah." I half smiled and made my way upstairs back to my room. I sat down on the side of my bed, looking through the large bay window at the expanse of ocean, not saying a word. Eventually, I swung my legs up onto the soft mattress, rested my head on the soft pillow and shut my eyes, feeling drowsiness sweep over me. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

-----

An hour later I woke up, my hair dishevelled, a black streak across my nose from my hand rubbing away my thin layer of mascara, and my legs tangled in the bedsheets. I yawned and sat up straight. There was no noise at all in the house. It was quiet, peaceful almost. Those boys were a racket all the time, meaning that they weren't here. I untangled the bedsheets and swung my legs over the side of the bed, stood up, and made my bed.

I walked over to the dresser with my clothes in and spotted my phone on top of it. Picking it up, I checked the time, it reading 7:16pm. I yawned again and opened the drawers and pulled out a red and black lace dress, one I had been wanting to wear for a long time. (A/N: Outfit in the sidebar) From another drawer, I took a strapless bra and headed to my dressing table. Deciding to have a quick wash before I headed out, I walked to the bathroom next door, undressed and switched on the shower, turning the dial so that the water was comfortingly hot.

I let the strong beat of the water pounding down on my back relax me as I rubbed the sweet scent of vanilla and strawberry shampoo into my scalp. The bubbles foamed at my head, making me giggle at my reflection in the mirror I could see out of the corner of my eye. Once all the suds had been washed from my head, I rubbed my body down quickly with the matching body wash and rinsed that off, then turned off the steaming hot shower. Carefully I stepped out of the shower, being careful not to slip, grabbed my smaller towl and cucooned my hair, then wrapped a larger towel around my body.

In 10 minutes, I was dried and in my underwear, holding the dress out in front of me to check whether it would look okay or not. I decided to slip into it, not really bothering if Nathan would like it or not, it would be if I liked it. Eventually I let my hair down from the towel and dried it quickly, it falling in natural waves. It looked fine as it was, so I decided to leave it be and brush on minimal makeup, as well as slipping on some black strappy heels and basic jewellery.

I looked at myself in the mirror once more before I took out a small black clutch from the bottom of the drawer in my dressing table and popped in a few pieces of touch-up makeup, my house keys, purse, and I checked the time - it saying 7:48pm - and placed it in the special compartment for it in the bag.

I gave myself a once-over before leaving my room, and then the house. Seeing as the restaurant was only a block or so away from the house, I decided to walk. Once I arrived the woman letting people in recognised me immediately due to the many, many times I had been there before, and lead me to a table.

"Just for one?" She smiled sympathetically.

"Two, actually, thank you." I grinned lightly at her and she nodded and winked. Even in her own age she did that, and I chuckled to myself quietly. She lead me to a secluded, quiet area with a small booth with comfortable looking chairs and a single rose and candle set in the middle of the table. I blushed light pink at the gesture and she backed away smiling as I took my seat.

That's when I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Slightly frustrated, I picked up my clutch from the space on the booth seat beside me and pulled out my phone hastily, dropping it on the table as I did so. I breathed out through my teeth and sighed as I picked up my phone and unlocked it.

8:39pm

I put my head in my hands and leant my elbows on the table and felt my eyes well up. No. No crying. Hastily I wiped away the salty tears from my eyes, managing not to smudge my makeup in the process. I felt a sharp tap on my shoulder and looked up to see the woman from the entrance looking down at me, sympathy in my eyes.

"Did he really do this?" Her eyes burned into the side of my head.

I nodded slowly. "Or he's very late."

"Do you want me to keep your table for another 20 minutes?" She asked in a hushed tone.

I let the corner of my mouth curl upwards slightly as I nodded again. "Thanks."

But to my surprise, he didn't show for the next half an hour. I hadn't felt more embarassed and worthless in a long time. Ashamedly, I picked up my phone and read the time - 9:12pm - and shoved it into my clutch. Walking past all the other tables was a nightmare. There was at least a dozen younger couples smirking at me as I went past and made my way out of the restaurant. On my way out I heard a loud wolf whistle from a bunch of teenagers to my right and scowled. This was it. The final straw. I needed to go back home anyway, to see my parents, to see my family, to see him.

-----

YAY CHAPTER 8 IS FINALLY UP! AND THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME OMFG I LOVE YOU GUYS! <3

Whoops sorry for the caps but HERE! AND I PROMISE that I won't leave a gap NEARLY that long in between updates any more, because I don't have that many exams left of the school year and it's nearly summer! YAY :D that means I'll have boring days where I won't have anything to do other that write fanfiction ;)

SO, to all the people reading that are mainly here for Dan/Phil/J&F, they'll be back with a few other YouTubers in a couple of chapters or so, so don't fret! ALSO for the readers that are here for The Wanted, this isn't their final part in it either, don't worry :)

Yet again thank you so so much for putting up with me and also reading this! It means so much to me, honetly. <3

Remember to vote, comment on things that you like or that I could improve, and share to your friends if you think they'll enjoy it!

Oh yeah, so do you think that this could get to 500 votes? I promise I will start writing the next chapter soon before or after it hits that figure, and it's also nearly at 30,000 reads! IT WOULD MEAN THE WORLD to me if we could all get that number up there? :D THANK YOUUUU <3 <3 <3 <3

LOVE YA!

-nathans0

LOVE YOU <3 (sorry for ranting :D)