𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙞.

Laughter filled the air, the laughter of those who I considered my friends, watching the weeping girl in front of us.

Despite the grin on my face, I felt my heart ache.

This didn't feel right.

"Serves her right for bothering you!", a boy exclaimed, wrapping his arm around my neck, "Right, Zanshi?"

I gulped, nodding, "Yeah.", I replied. Turning to face her, my grin unfaltering, "Stay away from me."

She stayed mum, the laughter dying down after she stopped weeping.

"Oh?~ Is the little girl getting all tough now?", another boy teased, as she stood up, wiping her tears away.

"I'm not a little girl.", she defended, her voice wavering.

I felt a bolt of guilt strike through my heart. I wasn't sure who was in the right here. She was annoying, constantly bothering me everyday, but was this really the right way to handle it? I know she had good intentions, but I can't risk seeming like some weak loser to my friends.

She looked at me, a tired and disappointed glare was all she gave.

"You've changed because of them, haven't you?"

I felt a lump in my throat.

"Him? Change?", a girl scoffed, "Pfft! What were you, a softie loser?", she asked, staring at me.

I swiftly shook my head, "No I wasn't! She's insane!", I suddenly spat out.

The weeping girl started walking forward, getting closer to me with each step.

I only stared, waiting for her next move, not sure what else to do.

She slapped me.

A harsh slap across the face.

I hovered my palm over the area that ached with pain, as if trying to assure myself what happened wasn't just my imagination.

"Don't ever come begging for my forgiveness." was all she said before walking away.

"Nozomi—", I muttered out, before cutting myself off, still trying to understand what had just happened.

"Damn, she really is insane, huh?", my supposed best friend said, walking over.

I sighed, hand still on my cheek. "Yeah...", I mumbled.

"Don't worry, we'll get her back next time."