𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙞𝙞𝙞.

act iii.   intruder alert

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Hey, hey. You awake?"

I groaned, turning to my other side, resuming my slumber.

"Tamura, wake up, or do you want me to drag you?"

Groggily opening my eyes, I noticed it was Nozomi shaking me awake.

"What..?", I mumbled. "It's midnight...", I said, checking my phone.

"Yeah, and we're leaving in two hours, get ready before the others hoard the bathrooms.", she reminded, before leaving the room.

Right, vacation.

Apparently we're staying at some hotel called "Shio Hotel" or something like that. Five-star places, it seems nice. I've seen an amusement park, a beach, and a bunch of cool scenery in pictures.

I got up, slumping towards my closet, pulling out clothing and a towel.

I brought my phone with me, assuming I'd have to wait a while for someone to finish using the bathroom. Six people, two bathrooms.

As I walked out my room, "Millie! Hurry up, I need to pee!", Anne yelled, gripping onto her clothes and towel, banging on the door. "Wait, I'm almost done!"

If I'm being honest here, sometimes they act like siblings, and other times they have a mother-daughter relationship.

The door opened, and Anne immediately rushed in, pushing Millie out and slamming the door shut. Millie snickered, "Damn, didn't think you needed to use it that bad."

I only grinned, but proceeded to the bathroom downstairs. Thankfully, no one was using it. Looks like everyone besides Anne and I are already finished taking a bath.

Let's skip the boring parts, shall we? Done with bathing, then finally getting into the car after eating breakfast and locking the house.

Everyone else was pretty much sleeping in the van. Ryoto drove, Rose in the passenger seat, Millie and Anne in the front row, which left Nozomi and I in the back.

I avoided contact with her, unwilling to bother her, unless she starts the conversation first. Truly, I hoped she would stay quiet. I'm not necessarily the best at conversations, unless it's about something I enjoy. But another part of me wished she would talk, so I could try to get to know her better.

Anne, Millie, and Rose slept, probably still sleep-deprived. Ryoto kept driving, sometimes mumbling complaints about other drivers. Nozomi seemed to be busy on her laptop, half-asleep. I on the other hand, after taking a bath, couldn't sleep anymore. I stayed on my phone, eventually taking a bag of chips out of my bag, eating out of boredom.

"Hey,", Nozomi started, looking at me. "Yeah?", I replied. "Can you get my bag over there? Right beside your seat.", she asked, as I nodded, quietly handing her her bag.

She took a bottle of water out, drinking before finally shutting her laptop off, then closing her eyes to sleep. Within a matter of seconds, she completely dozed off. So that's what overworking does to people.

I took out a blanket from my bag, covering her with it, and placing a pillow on her back. Maybe... This can help with gaining her forgiveness.

With almost everyone else asleep, I found myself starting to get sleepier by the second, and ended up dozing off as well.

After around two or so hours, we made it to the airport. Again, Nozomi was the one to wake me up, and we took the time to stroll around while waiting for the plane.