𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙫.

act v.   unveiled secret

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Who's he? Sneak into the library at night? Room behind the walls?", the questions raced in my mind. I needed answers, but I doubt we'll get any, especially if the journalist suddenly went missing.

Originally, I thought the journalist would've been the owner's son, but has it really been that long ago? I don't have enough information about that case, though just the fact that the journalist is female says enough. I feel like this has something to do with the death in this library, maybe the journalist herself has a connection with the Shio's.

"This is... confusing.", Anne reacted, leaning beside the book shelf, taking a deep breath.

Nozomi mumbled something, before flipping a page.

I read it, noticing that the journalist had figured out Nozomi was reading the journal. Something about Ollumi Village, some guy named Haru, and - wait, Ollumi Village?

"Holy shit.", I muttered in realisation. "Wait, as in Ollumi Village, the place your brother went missing in?", I asked, facing the monochrome-haired girl.

She nodded, "The cabin beside the Village... That's where they were.", the hazel-eyed girl answered.

"They...", Millie mumbled. "They?", Anne muttered in a questioning tone, confused.

"I remember I saw it on the news, but that was a long time ago.", I replied, "So the journalist also went missing?"

Nozomi looked away, as if looking for the right words. "Their bodies were found eventually."

The other two girls stared for a moment, dumbfounded.

"They died?!", Millie whisper-yelled. "Condolences...", she whispered.

Anne stayed quiet for a moment, "I guess it was expected, they've been missing for years now. My condolences."

I gulped, despite already knowing, "Yeah... Sorry for your loss."

Nozomi smiled, "Don't worry about it, after all that time, I've gotten over it.", she reassured, facing us again. "I would still like revenge, though.", she uttered, as it came out as a whisper.

"Hold on, weren't we supposed to research about the library death?", Millie reminded, as I nodded, agreeing.

Anne stared at the journal, "I feel like this case has something to do with it, especially considering the death was in the library, and coincidentally, there's a journal in the same library, the supposed last few entries from this Miuro girl being her suspicions about the library.", she explained, speaking from her thoughts.

Nozomi nodded, "Yep. And the fact that both cases happened almost at the same time, just a few days apart."

Suddenly, she froze, as if just realising something. "Yoki... Wait, who is that..?", she muttered.

I stayed mum, wide-eyed, starting to understand.

Earlier, when we were taking a walk,

She started walking again, and I followed. "They found his body in a cabin, beside him was a girl I saw as my sister.", she answered, a strike of guilt immediately hitting me.

That was what she said.

A girl she saw as her sister was beside him. In the entry, the girl was named Yoki Miuro. Does she not know her name? Or was it a different girl?