Chapter Twenty Two - The Inhibitor Chips

Trip was confused "I couldn't General, I couldn't, you know me, i wouldn't, it's not me" Trip was rambling. "We know that Solider, we know, but we must keep you in cuffs and transport you to Kamino for tests" Rex said. 

"Speaking of which, Rex, i want you and Fives to take Trip to the ship and get him ready, Fives you can go with him to Kamino, But Rex i need you to stay in the battle, Don't worry Trip, we are going to find out what's going on with you" Anakin said and then ran back over to his master and helped him get the separatist leader in custody, it was an old enemy that they faced a year before, Grand Admiral Trench.

With Trench in custody Anakin noticed that Trip still hadn't been transferred to Kamino yet, so he turned and looked at Obi Wan "Master, i need to go to Kamino with Trip, make sure everything is fine. Let Ahsoka know what's happened, she really liked Trip"   Obi Wan nodded "Ok, may the force be with you, my old friend, and i will let Ahsoka know" he said. 

With that Anakin boarded the transport that was holding Trip, Fives and Rex was sitting on the chairs around Trips containment bed, Anakin stood to the side, one hand gripped around his lightsaber. "General, you joining us on the transfer?" Rex asked. "Yes Commander Rex, i am. I will be staying at Kamino with Trip, and you two, until we find out what happened" Skywalker replied. Then the Transport started taking off the ground and into open space. 

Obi Wan Kenobi walked into the command tent and dialled up Coruscant, Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker's residence, on the communicator, it took a few minutes to go through an encrypted line, then there was an answer.   

"Master Kenobi? Everything alright?" Ahsoka asked, with worry in her voice. "No, Ahsoka, something happened" Kenobi started, but before he could usher another word "Anakin? Is Anakin ok?" Ahsoka interrupted, worry rising. "Anakin's fine, but a jedi was killed, by one of his clones, a friend of yours, Trip" Obi Wan said. "Thats not possible, Trip would never do that, what happened?" Ahsoka said, in disbelieve. "In the middle of a battle Trip took of his helmet and aimed his blaster at General Tipler and said Good soldiers follow orders, then he fired and killed Tipler, then Fives and Rex tackled him to the ground, that's where Trip regained his mind and had no recollection of his actions" Kenobi explained. 

"Where's Anakin now? He must feel terrible, and if this happened to Trip it might happen to all the other clones, watch your back Master, keep me updated" Ahsoka said then hung the call up, too worried to do anything else but to sit and wait, thinking about Trip and his sudden action to kill a jedi and what he said before he shot the blaster. 

"Good Soldiers follow orders? Meaning someone gave him the order to kill a jedi, or maybe..." Ahsoka stopped speaking what she was thinking at that moment when she remembered what Kenobi said about his meeting the kaminoans the first time they met... 

                                    ***4 Years ago before Ahsoka and Obi Wan was acquainted***

"Padawan Tano, you have questions about our troops, the clones?" Obi Wan said, his hand rushing through his goatee. "Yes I do Master Kenobi, why is it that the clones follow all of our orders, and not act just like their donor, Jango Fett?" Ahsoka asked, curious. "Thats a good question, why did you wanna ask me directly?" Kenobi asked the young Padawan. "Well, i heard you went to Kamino in the search of Fett, that's when you found out about the army, so i thought you'd be the best person to ask" Ahsoka explained. 

"Well you'd be right there, young padawan. Ok so what i was told from the Kaminoans is that the clones have inhibitor chips imbedded into the neural complex" Obi Wan told her. Ahsoka smiled. "Thank you Master Kenobi" She replied. 

                                                                                    ***Present Day***

Ahsoka's face was horror struck and she immediately tapped her communicator, dialling Obi Wan. A few minutes later on a encrypted line "Ahsoka what is it?" Kenobi asked. "Remember four years ago, before i became Anakin's apprentice i asked you about the clones and Fett?" Ahsoka asked. "Vaguely, why?" Obi Wan replied, intrigued. "The Inhibitor chips, do you remember who hired Fett for the cloning job?" Ahsoka asked. "Fett said it was someone named Tyranus" Obi Wan said, Ahsoka's face turned even more horror struck. "Master, do you know who Tyranus is?" Ahsoka asked. "No, it's a mystery" Obi Wan replied.

"Master, it's not a mystery, this time last year when i was captured by Dooku i heard another Sith lord call him by another name, Darth Tyranus" Ahsoka told Kenobi. "Wait, Dooku is Tyranus, that means the sith hired Fett then, oh no, the inhibitor chips, they have secret orders, that once activated then the clones have to follow, like kill jedi, Ahsoka take this information and recording to the jedi council they need to know, thank you for filling me in on Dooku, see you soon" Obi Wan said. 

And so thats exactly what Ahsoka did, after the council heard what she had to say and watched the recording of her and Obi Wans conversation, they ordered every clone to go to the med bay to get their chips removed and then the high council members, Yoda, Mundi, Windu, Fisto and Plo Koon, with Ahsoka went to Kamino to talk to the high minister about the Sith being behind the clone creation, especially considering Dooku, Tyranus was best friends with Sifo Deas who was the one that ordered the creation of the army on behalf of the Jedi Council. 

Ahsoka told Anakin about the chips who then told Rex and Fives, who helped Anakin and Ahsoka remove the chip from Trip, which had become malfunctioned, then Skywalker force pulled the chips out of Rex and Fives "Thank you Ahsoka for telling us, and good job figuring it all out" Anakin said. "Yeah thanks commando you guys are as much of family as our brothers in arms, we would never of free will turn on you, question is now, who is Dooku's master?" Rex said. 

"Whoever it is, they must be high up in the republic, one who feeds on the war and profits from it, especially at the end if the plan is for all clones to kill their jedi friends" Fives added. "Good point Fives, their is only one person i can think off that would profit the most, but i hate to even think it" Anakin said.

"The person that had claimed to create the army just before the battle of Geonosis, the person Jar Jar had given full power to, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, he's the dark lord of the sith" Ahsoka said. "The one that Dooku warned me and Obi Wan about back on Geonosis, he said that the senate had been infiltrated and was now under the control of a sith lord, Darth Sidious" Anakin said, anger and hatred flowing through him.