Chapter Three - The Fight

They stared at one another for a while before Maul charges at her. 

Once Maul got in swinging distance he swung his lightsaber. Too early though Ahsoka saw the attack coming and jumped, flipping over him and before she landed back on the floor she spun around so she was facing Mauls back. "Surrender Maul, you don't stand a chance of defeating me" Ahsoka said, getting cocky of her abilities. 

Maul laughed menacingly at this remark "Too cocky for your own good, young one" He stated and swung his lightsaber again. Ahsoka blocked his attack using her two blue lightsabers trapping his red blade in the middle of both her blues. She then swung her leg and kicked his double bladed saber out of his hands and into the air, where she then swung her lightsabers, cutting his blades in half destroying his red cyber crystals.

"You're beaten" She stated with her sabers in front of his face. He laughed "Your good, but i'm better" He said and used the force to push her away, enough distance away from him for him to retreat to his star ship and escape the planet. 

Once Maul was gone, Ahsoka turned her sabers off and hooked them to her belt, she then saw that Anakin was gone, but his lightsaber was still on the floor, she force pulled the saber to her which she also hooked to her belt. She then walked to where her master was laying and saw footprints in the sand. So she followed them to the cantina.

She entered the building and saw that Anakin was still unconscious but being looked after by the locals, she ran over and checked her master over for injuries. "He'll be okay, Master Jedi, he just needs rest" The old man said. "Thank you, and i'm no master, just a Jedi Padawan, he's my Master" Ahsoka said. "Well nonetheless Jedi, you saved us from that sith, all we could do to repay you is to save your master" The man replied. 

"Thank you for bringing him to safety, i don't know what i would do if he was hurt or worse" Ahsoka replied. At this Anakin woke up "Snips, what happened?" He asked. "Skyguy, You were blasted into a wall by the force blast, these nice locals brought you in here, whilst i fought Maul, and I defeated him, by destroying his lightsaber, he managed to retreat" Ahsoka told him. "You did well, Ahsoka, but Maul is tricky to kill, Obi Wan cut him in half but he survived." Anakin said then turned to the locals "Thank you, all of you" He said.

"Your most welcome, but what are you doing here? On Tatooine? Were you tracking that sith?" The old man asked. "No we weren't, we came here to investigate some rumours" Anakin replied. "So does that mean you'll be staying?" The man asked. "Yes, for a couple rotations" Anakin answered "Do you have any places where we could stay?" Ahsoka asked the locals. "Yes, we do" Came a voice that Anakin recognised. "Watto?" Anakin said. "Ani? My you've changed even more in the last 2 years" The flying toydarian said, flying over to them. 

"You said there's somewhere we could stay, Watto?" Anakin said "Yes, your old home" The toydarian said "Yeah that's a hard pass" Anakin stated. "Wait, you two know one another?" Ahsoka said, confused. "Long story Snips, tell you later, where else can we stay Watto?" Anakin said. "There is another place, but it will cost you" Watto told them. "No it won't Watto, you owe me, remember?" Anakin said and Watto looked down to the floor. 

"Your right Ani, this way" He said and led the Jedi out the cantina, and met back up with R2. "Wait, where's my lightsaber?" Anakin said, realising his lightsaber isn't on his hip. Ahsoka pulled his lightsaber of off her hip and gave it to him. "Here Master" She said. "Thank you Ahsoka" He replied taking the lightsaber and hooking it to his belt. 

The four of them continued to make tracks to the north, Past Mos Eisley, to the outskirts, into the dune sea, there was a bungalow in the hills "Here you go, Ani, you can stay here for as long as you need, it's yours now" Watto said. "Thanks Watto, but we don't need to stay here for too long, just a couple rotations" Anakin said. 

With that Watto flew away back to Mos Eisley. 

Ahsoka walked outside and sat on the edge of the hill looking out to the horizon thinking about the fight with Darth Maul. She couldn't understand how he could have survived being cut in half by Obi Wan. 

She then sensed danger and ignited just one of her lightsabers and not 2 seconds later a blaster bolt was fired at her. She managed to block the shot, but she couldn't see where the shot came from "MASTER, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" She screamed and Anakin ran out and ignited his lightsaber "What are you talking about Ahsoka?" He asked her, not seeing anyone. "Blaster fire, i blocked one shot, but didn't see who fired it or where it was fired from" Ahsoka told her.

A couple more shots were fired at the 2 jedi which they blocked but then there were more and more shots fired form multiple directions they blocked as many shots as they could however one blaster bolt slipped past their defences and struck with Ahsoka's shoulder, she fell to the ground in pain. This enraged Anakin he pulled out his civilian blaster and fired whilst using his lightsaber to block in coming shots. 

Then the shots ceased, Anakin used this as time to wrap his arms around Ahsoka and picked her up into his arms and took her into the Bungalow. 

Once he walked inside and over to the couch he laid her down "Ahsoka, i'm sorry, i should have blocked that shot" Anakin said

Once he walked inside and over to the couch he laid her down "Ahsoka, i'm sorry, i should have blocked that shot" Anakin said. "It's not your fault master, you did everything you could" She replied "I'll be fine, i just need rest, who was shooting at us anyway?" She added. "Tuskin Raiders" Anakin answered. "Just rest Snips, rest, i'll patch you up" He added. 

And so he pulled out the first aid kit from his travel satchel and started to patch up her shoulder, whilst Ahsoka started to drift off to sleep. 

Once he finished patching her shoulder up, he watched her sleep and started to think of how much she's grown in so short time, her skills with a lightsaber but then he thought about the no attachments part of being a Jedi.