Chapter Nineteen - The Rescue Mission

Anakin Skywalker and his Master Obi Wan Kenobi flies out off orbit of the home world of the jedi order, Coruscant and they joined the dog fight that was going on in space above the planet. 

Kenobi and Skywalker both enter their own star fighters and lead their battalions of troopers out into the sky to engage the hostile droid ships. Anakin and Obi Wan was making their way to Count Dooku's star cruiser when out of no where a ship, matching General Grievous' star ship entered the battle and landed in the hanger of Dooku's star cruiser then the hanger doors closed and ray shields went up. 

Then moments later a cruiser entered the system, a republic cruiser, it was Ahsoka and the 332nd legion, Admiral Vaughn had arrived in the system. 

Anakin noticed this was his wife, his apprentice. "Ahsoka what are you doing here? You're supposed to be on Mandalore" He said over the comm. "Your right, Master but Mandalore is safe now, Grievous was behind it and i disarmed him, literally cut off his 4 arms then he retreated like the coward he is, so me, Rex and the boys thought we'd join in on the fun here." She replied and took a breather. "But if you don' want us here then we'll just leave" She added on jokingly. 

"No, no we appreciate the help Ahsoka. Join us in this battle then and well done for disarming Grievous but I'm afraid he made it here to the count, he has most probably been repaired by now" Kenobi responded. "Understood Master Kenobi" Ahsoka replied and jumped in her star fighter. "Rex, you and Fives stay with the admiral the rest of us will go out and have a little fun. But remember there's cannons on the cruiser you can use" Ahsoka ordered. "Yes commander" Rex and Fives responded and headed for the cannons whilst the rest of the 332nd legion flew out of the cruiser hanger doors and entered the battle. 

"Snips, cover Obi Wan and Myself as we make our way to the command cruiser, your men should go and regroup with the 501st and 212th legion on the far west side of the planet" Skywalker said over the comm. "I agree" Kenobi stated. "Copy that, then I'm joining you both on that ship" Ahsoka said. "Not a chance Ahsoka" Obi Wan said. "Ahsoka is joining us Master, we need her help in there" Anakin stated. 

And so the three of them shot their way through buzz droids, vulture droids and then the cruiser shields and then landed in the hanger. Anakin landed and swerved his starfighter crushing a few battle droids. Obi Wan landed and immediately jumped out of the pilot seat rolling on the floor and cutting battle droids in half. Ahsoka just landed her ship and simply stepped out of her fighter and force pushed a few battle droids into one another disabling them without destroying them. 

"Most impressive" Obi Wan commented on her technique. "Yes very well done Ahsoka" Anakin said. "Thanks" Ahsoka responded, smiling, hiding the fact that she was blushing at Anakin's comment and the way he was looking at her. 

 They then ordered their three astromech droids, R2 D2 (Anakin's), R4 P17 (Kenobi's) and of course Ahsoka's personal R4 unit, R4 T24 to stay with the fighters. The droids reluctantly obeyed their orders from their jedi. 

Then the three Jedi made their way through corridors upon corridors until they finally found the elevators "If I kidnapped the chancellor i would like to hold him in the spire" Ahsoka commented and brought up a holomap of the cruiser that they were standing in, pointing out the Spire that Chancellor Palpatine was most probably being held. 

"Good thinking young one" Obi Wan said, impressed. "Then what are we waiting for?" Anakin asked and called for an elevator but no elevator came "R2, Call for Elevator 3322" He said over the comm and seconds later the elevator arrived. "Good job R2" Anakin said. They boarded the elevator and rode it up to the spire. 

Once they arrived at the spire they exited the elevator and saw that Palpatine was cuffed to the throne over looking the planet below and the battle that was going on over it. 

The three jedi ran over to the chancellor just for Palpatine to say "Dooku" This made the jedi turn around and indeed they saw the dark lord of the sith, Darth Tyranus A.K.A Count Dooku. 
"My powers have doubled since the last time we fought Count" Anakin said. "Good, twice the pride, double the fall" Dooku responded. "This time we'll take him together" Obi Wan stated, looking at Anakin. "I was just about to say the same thing" Anakin responded. 

"Count Dooku, if you're the one that trained Grievous then this'll be easy" Ahsoka stated, smirking, all four of them ignited their lightsabers, their were now 4 blue sabers and one red illuminating the spire. 

Dooku instantly shot force lightning out from his finger tips, aiming straight for Ahsoka "Insolent little girl" He said as he did so. Ahsoka blocked the lightning with ease. "Too easy" She taunted. 

Dooku lunged at her with his lightsaber and swung it at her body, she dodged his strike with ease and force pushed him backwards. "Come on count" She taunted again. At this point Anakin joined the fun. "Thats enough Ahsoka, he's an old man, remember, can't move as quick as he use to" He said, the two of them laughed it off, this only made the Count angrier. 

And you know what Master Yoda says. 
Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to Hate
Hate leads to suffering 
Suffering leads to the Dark Side.

Count Dooku used his new found anger and power to shoot more electricity out from his fingers this time he aimed for Obi Wan, who deflected it with ease. "I trained your master Qui Gon, he would side with me you know that, if he found out what i know about a dark lord of the sith in the highest place of authority in the republic" Count said, Kenobi lunged at him. "Qui Gon would never join you" he said swinging his saber at Dooku. 

Dooku blocked every swing then force gripped Kenobi and lifted him into the air then threw him into a balcony then used the force again to pull the balcony down on top of Kenobi. 

Anakin charged into battle with Dooku as Ahsoka ran over to Obi Wans side, she lifted the balcony off of Kenobi checked for a pulse and found a strong and sturdy one then she ignited her lightsabers and flipped back into the battle

Dooku then kicked Anakin in the face, stunning him and was about to land the killing blow but before he could Ahsoka forced both of her lightsabers through the Counts torso then extinguished the blades as Count Dooku's lifeless body fell to the ground. Ahsoka then helped her husband up off the ground and hugged him. 

"Thank you Ahsoka, lets get out of here, go set the chancellor free i'll get Obi Wan" Anakin said. 

With that they all left the spire, Anakin carrying Obi Wan on his back. They made their way back to the elevators but then the ship they were on were shot and heavily damaged by the republic forces, the entire ship's elevator shafts were going crazy they had to time their jump perfectly to be able to get to the bottom of the shaft before the next elevator cart came by.  

Once they landed at the bottom of the shaft they had to pry the doors open and get out of the shaft before they were crushed by the Elevator. 

They made it.