When the sky falls

"A model?" He asked with a smirk, thinking back to that time in the woods, I rolled my eyes. "You're a real piece of work aren't you." I teased him, he just shrugged in response, "guess so." He said in a quiet mumble.

******

"Shut up, stiles." I groaned as he once again tried to interrogate me about my date. "Was he nice? If he wasn't I swear I'll be-." I cut off his annoying typical older brother rant, I then placed my hands on his shoulders.

"He was a gentleman, you know Derek can be good stiles, you don't need to be mean." I assured him as I sighed. "Fine." He finally gave in, and still having an unsure look on his face.

"You good now?" I asked softly, figuring now wasn't the best time to be sarcastic. "Ugh yeah I guess I am then." Stiles mumbled, shuffling away from me as I chuckled.

"I'm just gonna go now, I kinda already told dad you were on a date with Derek... So, have fun with that sis." He said, his voice getting higher as he went on, before I could react he was out the door and starting his jeep.

"Damn it, stiles." I shouted to myself, "language." I heard my dad say from behind me. I turned to see him standing in the kitchen, his arms crossed even though he had a smile on his face. "Hi, daddy." I said sweetly, he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Please don't ask me twenty questions. Stiles already did that." I begged him, he sighed, "next time." Dad said with a grin. "Thank you." I smiled kissing his cheek quickly.

"Love you." I called out as I rushed off to my room before he changed his mind. I sat in my bed, staring at my ceiling, now that I had school holidays, I won't have an excuse to see Derek for a 'study session'.

"Why is she all of a sudden glued to your side?" I hear Scott attempt to whisper to stiles, I tensed as I was sitting next to stiles, silently. Allowing them to act like I'm not here.

"She had a nightmare about Theo killing me." He answered, shrugging softly, I glanced up at him and then looking back down at my phone.

Derek: hey, you doing okay? You looked so scared and out of it this morning.
Me: yeah I'm fine thanks
Derek: good I'm glad
Derek: what are you upto?
Me: not much, sitting around with some friends
Derek: wanna hang out?
Me: sure sounds good
Derek: I'll come get you, see you in 10 x
Me: okay x

"I'm gonna go out." I announced to stiles, pushing myself up off the couch and going to get ready. "Oh okay?" He said in a stern tone.

I sighed, walking upstairs as everyone started talking again.

"What do you want to wear to your ex boyfriends house?" I asked myself, and looking for something casual, I simply pulled out a pair of shorts and a crop top so I didn't try to hard.

I smiled to myself hearing the doorbell ring, but then groaned when I heard the door being opened before I reached the bottom of the stairs.

I came around the corner of the wall and saw stiles standing by the door with Derek, I held in a sigh and walked over. "Bye stiles." I said almost dragging my ex boyfriend Derek away.

"Where are you guys going?" My brother asked and making me stop, "my house." Derek answered, as I squeezed my eyes shut when stiles almost gasped at me.

"What did you say?" He asked, and I felt it was being directed at me. Of course he's gonna make a big deal out of this it's his job as the big brother to protect his little sister.

I walked upto him, "it's not that." I whispered sternly at him. "Please just let me go and don't make this a big deal okay." I sighed, quietly.

"Stiles, let her go." Lydia said from inside and that's all it took for him to sigh and wave as he closed the door.

"Sorry about him." I said awkwardly once we walked towards his Chevy Camaro, "it's fine he knows me he doesn't need to overreact." Derek laughed and then opened the door for me as I smiled back at him and got in.

*******

"My parents aren't alive anymore which you know so it's just Peter and i here." He explained, swinging his loft door open. I nodded understanding what he had meant.

"Yeah I know." I told him with a smile, and looking around the loft as I hadn't really been here for a long time. "I forgot how cozy it could be here." I said as he chuckled.

"It's not cozy but anywhere with you is good enough for me." He said with a smile. "I'll be right back." He said before disappearing upstairs, I looked around at the pictures now on display.

I set my purse down and turned the tv on as he sat down. He put his arm around my waist and I felt my heart racing.

I sighed as the ending credits for the movie came up, Derek looked over at me, just to see that I was also staring at him. I didn't move as he leant closer to me. I kept my cool as he kissed me, slowly moving my lips in sync with his.

I felt one of his hands on my waist and the other was on my cheek, I pulled away to breathe. He smiled as he caught his breath with his eyes shut, he opened them for a second before he began kissing me again.

I allowed him to pull me onto his lap, my fingers in his short hair. "Derek." I heard a man shout, I got off Derek so fast that I slammed on the ground with a loud thud.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked, glancing between me and Peter. I nodded, slowing sitting up, my face red in embarrassment. "Peter what the hell." He said as he shouted. "I should get going." I mumbled and got up.

"Let me give you a ride." Derek tried to say but I just shook my head, "I'll be fine." I assured him, "Peter it's good to see you again." I said with a nod and then I left.

*****

"Hello beetroot face." Liam and Scott joked as I went into the living room, I looked in the small mirror on the wall.