🍁Chapter 23 ~Poor Human Boy~

——————————————————

"HAAAHH!!" Atsumu swung his scythe and slashed the shadow figures in halves. But the shadows would multiply once again.

"We've been doin' this for awhile!! And they still won't die! We're only makin'it worse!" Osamu shouted as he jumped backwards to escape an attack.

Atsumu gritted his teeth as he stopped attacking, only dodging the shadow figures' attacks "Then what're we supposed to do?! We'll die instead!!"

"........" Osamu thought of a plan, then he quickly said while dodging some attacks "Lets trap 'em in a barrier!"

Atsumu widened his eyes "WHAAAT?! Ye know our barriers are weak! Also! It consumes too much spiritual energy!"

Osamu frowned "We don't have a choice! We have to trap them for as long as we can!"

"WE'LL DIE FROM SPIRITUAL EXHAUSTION INSTEAD!!"

"ITS BETTER THAN BEING KILLED BY WHATS SUPPOSED TO BE A LOW LEVELED, EVIL SPIRIT!"

"Cheh! FINE!" Atsumu quickly took out an empty talisman and a brush, he began to quickly write some symbols.

"Hurry up!"

"I'm doin' my best okay?!"

Osamu grabbed Atsumu's collar and pulled him when the shadow figure almost clawed the guy.

"Dammit! Ye almost made me mess up the writin!!"

"I saved yer life!"

Osamu dragged Atsumu with him as they dodged the shadow figures attacks. If they were to die here, the shadow spirits might be break into the human dimension and start attacking! So its better to hold out for as long as they can before help arrives!

"Done!" Atsumu threw the finished talisman and then started chanting.

"ꂦꀎꊼꁴꉓ—"

Before the shadow spirits can jump on them, Atsumu opened his eyes and shouted the last sentence of the chant!

"—ꌃꎭꎇꍟꍏ...!"

An orange barrier that is enough for all the shadow spirits to fit in appeared! Atsumu panted in exhaustion as he put all his weight on Osamu.

"Hahh....That was...Hahh...Tiring...phew..."

—Bang! Bang!

The shadow spirits started to hit the barrier in an attempt to break it.

"I think ye did a good job...The barrier seems sturdy enough to last a while.." Osamu said as he was finally able to relax.

"Thats 'cause I put all my spiritual energy into it..!" Atsumu sighed..."Lets hope that Master will come here quickly.."

"En..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Shoyo ran around the school to find where Atsumu and Osamu went. He tries to sense if theres anything strange, but he for some reason can't anymore...

Its like there was nothing wrong in the first place.

Shoyo hopes that the twins are okay...

—Whoosh

Shoyo stopped running. He felt a soft breeze pulling him to a certain direction. Shoyo seemed hesitant to go....

But the wind pulled him a little bit harder causing him to stumble a little forwards. It seemed a bit persistent. Shoyo didn't have a choice but to go anyways.