The Beauty Behind The Sadness

"You know she's proud of you, or um.. she would be." I turned to see Kat leaning on the door frame. "I wish that were true, but I wasn't there, I just made it there before her lungs gave out." I looked into Kat's eyes looking for something with meaning.
"I'm sorry" She turned to walk back into the house before she could I pulled her back kissing her deeply.
Pushing Kat into my bed looking into her eyes "October.." her moans pushed me onward, letting my tongue slide down her neck as she fingers tugged on my hair. Slowly our clothes become nonexistent, intertwined together. My eyes met hers "Are you sure?" She nodded biting her rose petal lips. Pushing swiftly inside her I began to thrust my hips into hers with every pit of passion I had left in me. Kat's moans slowly faded into mine, becoming one.

"October.." I could feel a warm whisper on my shoulder turning to see yet another mistake at three o'clock in the morning. Kat.
"W-what?"
"I'm sorry."
The lump in my throat began to throb. Her worried voice causing my regretful tears to stream down on my dark sheets coved in the mess I'd made within the past two years. "Get out." I whispered grinding my teeth, watching her silhouette tip toe out of my shack of shame.

I knew this picture, it was all too familiar, the one night stand with a girl that'll soon be your world and you'll become so stuck in the new instead of worrying about how to keep her lungs pumping leaving her heart beating to the sound of a machine. The only time you decide to man up is when everything goes silent, the machine is unplugged and you're left with a small piece of one huge price you'll now have to pay.

My head becomes an ocean everytime, it's everywhere. Sitting up will only cause me pain but I do anyway my eyes fixed on the ripped condom wrapper thrown again the hardwood floor. "Fuck.." Mumbling to myself I pick it up along with my head, staring at Summers crib. "One hell of a price to pay" the deep voice shook me, as I turned to the sliding doors in my room - leading to the back yard. Noah. "Why the hell are you here at three in the god damn morning, Noah? Why do you even bother coming here, I don't want Summer to know you, or your family. I have full custody." I spat my voice still shaky. Noah's dirty blonde hair came to his overly broad shoulders, half in a ponytail, the dark red high school football hoodie hung over his body. The jock type I suppose. "I just thought you'd want to know my parents are planning to take you to court for the custody to Summer, that's all." His eyes met my now bulged eyes in the darkness before he took off for his car. I tired to yell for him but nothing would come out, I fell to my knees tears like a waterfall now poring down my face. Knocks on my door grew louder as I began to sob on my knees. Anger slowly found its way back into my first, swinging and throwing anything in my reach.

"If you don't open this damn door October, I swear to god!" I could hear Reag yell and Bry groan from somewhere behind him "What's with all the fucking yelling?!" Zann screeched frustratedly. "Fine, you fucking cunt!" The smirk in Reag's voice reminded me of my fathers sending shivers down my spine as my door came crashing in. I stood there staring at my younger brothers with bloody hands and a broken heart. "Stay the hell out of my way." I spat in Reag's face looking at Zann pointing to his room. "You need rest, go.. You too Bryson." They both stumble down the hall as I push Reag aside, making my way into the bathroom
"You know Shay will send you back to therapy if he finds out about this." He spat leaning against the door frame. "I really don't care, she's my daughter and they don't have any right to her." I shot him down without doubt.
"What do you mean? Who's they?"
"Noah, came to visit."
"And?"
"He claims his parents are taking me to court for custody of Summer."
"Can they even do that?"
"How am I supposed to know.."
He shrugged and found his way back to bed, leaving me to clean my cut hands. My alarm went off as I finished wrapping my hands, yawns escaped me every few steps. Pulling on my old sweats and a tee shirt matched with a pair of vans I slowly grabbed my keys leaving for the hospital.

-
"Good morning, Mr. Augusta." Olivia, the front desk lady sang. "You know, by now you'd think you would call me October, considering we've gotten rather close." Her slightly aged face split into a smile, as her round cheeks blushed. "Well I don't think my boss would appreciate that." I set down her coffee I always bring also got side a breakfast wrap from the infamous Tim's. "How was she this time?" I bit my lip tapping Summers health card down on the desk between my wrapped fingers.
"She's always good, she's just like her father."
"Hm?"
"You where such a strong little boy when your mother died, I knew your mother quiet well, you see."
"Y-you knew my mother..?"
"Mm, better than most"
Olivia handed me a slip of paper only to see the truth.