Chapter Eight: The Giants Causeway

Chapter 8; ((Aria's POV))

In the weeksthat followed Lucy's death, our small rag tag group of twenty, had grown into a full fledged clan of nearly fourty. The news of Lucy's death had spread like wild fire. Clans from all over were sending representitives to my father with their condolences. I'd only seen Brody once in that time and it was terrifying.  He'd lost weight. All color had drained from his skin and his eyes had sunken in. He'd screamed at me, saying it was my fault that Lucy had been killed and that I'd been stealing members of my fathers pack. After that I pretty much gave Brody a wide birth. At the recomendation of my father, we had taken up some serious training. We practiced whenever we had the chance, working on their defencive and offenvice skills, trying to give our clan a fighting chance. One day while we were working, I was watching Liam and Cameron while they demonstraited a seires of complex drills when suddenly they were on opposite sides of the clearing and in their place, was a deep red wolf, sitting idily, looking at me with a cheeky grin. I looked around and saw everyone sitting there staring into the center of the clearing with a blank look on their faces.

Nova... I growled.

She chuckled before rolling onto her back and pawing at a butterfly.

Dammit Nova, let them go.

One-by-one I saw my pack regain their focus. I turned back to Nova.

I was only playing. She whined.

Ari? Liam asked, What's going on?

Who'se she? Conner demanded.

More importantly, Zane added, how the hell did she get here?

It's her gift. Shauna stated.

Her gift? Liam asked, But I thought...

That only Aavaliks had gifts? Nova cut in, They do.

Nova's our cousin. I announced.

Suddenly Craig bounded forward and began pawing at Novas muzzle.

Nova! He cried.

Guys, meet Craigs sister, Nova. I giggled.

Not that it's not great to see you, Shauna started, but why're you here?

Well, She said, I have some exciting news. 

I raised my eyebrow... or I would have... had I actually had eyebrows...

Well? Alice asked impatiently. 

It'd be better if I show you. She chuckled.

Show us? KC asked uneasily. 

It's her gift. I explained, She can completely control your senses. She can make you see, hear, taste, smell, even feel whatever she wants. That's why we didn't know she was here. She didn't want us to.

Nova smiled proudly.

OKayyyy, Ayarri urged, Lets see it.

Nova shot her a look before turning her attention back to me. All of a sudden, it seemed as if my entire clan had been teleported. No longer where we scattered around the clearing in our territory, but instead we were perched on rocks overlooking the sea. 

Welcome to the Giant's Causeway. Nova declared.

Why're we here? Claire asked nervously. 

You'll see. Was Nova's abrupt answer. 

She began to pad off towards another section of the cliffs.