chapter 10

There was a subtle pop as we flashed into the main cavern. Faolan craned his neck to see us. 

"Ah yes! Welcome! Welcome!" 

"Thank you Faolan. It's an honor to be here."

"Oh no my dear," He corrected, "It is I who is honored."

I nodded.

"Let's not waste time on such formalities." He chuckled. 

He motioned for me to come forward and as I did, the other four Alphas turned to face me.

"I'd like you to meet Seth, Fabian, Emmit and Antonio." He said, gesturing to them as he called their names. I studied them closely, trying to remember where I'd seen those faces, heard those names. 

"Aria, these men are friends of your fathers." Faolan explained, "They helped lead searches for Dorchadas when he fled."

I stared dumbly, "They did?"

"Yes. They were all in attendance of you baptism and were there when you were taken that night."

"That's why you all seem so familiar..."

Seth looked at me and smiled and I instantly took a step back. Luke gasped behind me and Nova's jaw hit the floor. This man was the spitting image of Rasheed! 

"It's good to see you again young goddess." He said bowing, "I trust my son hasn't been too much trouble."

"You- your son?" 

He chuckled, "Rasheed. You have his scent all over you." 

I looked towards Nova and Luke for help but Luke was too busy staring from Nova to Seth and Nova looked like she'd never shut her mouth again.

"Rasheed is your son?" I managed to say.

"Mhmm. He was next in like to be Alpha once he mated... but he wanted to see the world. So he left. Looks like he's been with you for quite a while now-" 

Fabian walked up behind Seth and clapped him on the back, "Seth," He said in a heavy Italian accent, "You can talk about your son later, but now my friend, let me see my favorite niece!" He exclaimed as he scooped me into a massive bear hug.

Again I looked at Luke, who looked at Nova, who just staired at Fabian.

"Your niece?" I asked once he put me down.

"Of course my little Bambina, your mother is my baby sister!" He laughed.

"But... but how?"

"A few hundred years ago, your old uncle Fabian was born in Ireland. On my 21st birthday I was told I had to find a mate as was the law back then. I became frustrated because I hadn't imprinted by that time, so I left good ol' Ireland and went in search of a mate. My first stop was Italy where I met the daughter of a very powerful Alpha in Cicily. It was love at first sight. She took me to meet her father who was thrilled that I had come from such a powerful pack."

"My mothers father was the Beta." I interrupted.

"Yes. The Alpha was so excited that I'd imprinted on his daughter. I've been with my dear Rosalina for nearly four hundred years. I kept in touch with your mother of course and when I took over for Rose's father, our packs became allies."

"That's incredible."

"Sounds familiar, eh, Nova?" Luke chuckled.

"Shut it, mutt." She snapped.

The others watched blankly and I couldn't help but giggle. Rasheed left his pack because he didn't want a mate, but he'd found Nova. Just as Fabian had with Rose. Seth looked at me like I was a lunatic. I just waved it off.