Chapter Six Part One

Chapter 6: ((Liam's POV))

By the time we went downstairs everyone was waiting Some people where talking amongst themselves while others were just hanging around looking bored. I cleared my throat and everyone jumped.

"As you all know, neither Ari nor myself have ever led a pack before so cut us some slack and bare with us."

"First things first," Ari stated, "Today we're going to assign ranks."

People grew antsy. each wondering whether or not they'd get a rank and if so, what would it be?

"Liam and I spoke last night," She continued, "and we've decided that Shauna and Craig will be our Betas!"

There was a grunt from Peirce and Zane.

"Fellas," I said looking at them, "you two will be Omegas since neither of you have mates."

The room erupted into laughter. Peirce and Zane where born to be my Betas but since neither has a mate, they're ineligible. The only ranks left where guards and scouts. We figured the unmated females would be our scouts since they're smaller and faster while the unmated males would be our guards. We figured it would be easier if we didn't have to separate mates. After concluding the meeting, the pack began to disperse. As people began filing out, Conner and Ross, two males from my fathers pack came running back into the house.

"Alphas!" Conner cried.

"There's a group of unknown intruders approaching!" Ross panted.

"It's OK guys," I said, "just pull up the ramps. Humans are oblivious."

"No Alpha." Ross protested.

"They're not human." Conner pointed out.

"Shifters?" Ari asked.

They nodded.

"OK everyone! Listen up!" I called, "I want everyone shifted. Now! All males will accompany Ari and myself to the ground to intercept them. Females? Take to the trees. Hide out unless we call you down.

Withing seconds, the platforms where fully populated by giant wolves ranging from seven to eleven feet tall. We descended the ramps like ghosts... silent. I looked and saw the females scattered throughout the trees.

Alpha!

I tilted my ears in the direction where Karina was hidden at the head of the females.

Alpha there are five people closing in. Defiantly shifters.

I growled, How far?

About a hundred yards and closing fast. She said frantically.

Thank you Karina. Alright, I want Craig, Darragh, Ryan, Peirce and Zane out in the open. Everyone else, stay hidden and stay close. I commanded.

Within seconds, they were gone. We settled down to wait for whatever it was that awaited us with these strangers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my darlings, I'm so sorry for the long wait my computer was on vacation. But after receiving some very... encouraging comments from Williewonka and Mioni4, here it is! The second part of chapter six!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6: ((Aria's POV))